• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 72
  • Views: Views 16,724
vebk

vebk

Mr. Advocate
ISP
Airtel 8 Mbps 'Unlimited'
What's the current price (i.e. in Nehru Place) of Dual Layer DVDs and what brands are available?

B

boygr8

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Broadband
Yeah , and somebody give info on the cost of LightScribe Media?

L

Lokesh

Regulars
ISP
Trib 649_Combo
once asked them for dual layer, they said they don't keep them. costs around Rs 200 for a disc! i was shocked to hear it! that was 6 months ago. now i don't know!

S

Superman

ISP
bsnl 900 plus
QUOTE(vebmetal @ Apr 1 2007, 12:49 AM) [snapback]85623[/snapback]
What's the current price (i.e. in Nehru Place) of Dual Layer DVDs and what brands are available?[/b]

250-280 bucks....of some VERTABIM and RIDATA :D

Apoorv Khatreja

Apoorv Khatreja

Super Loser
ISP
Reliance Thunder 1099 4 Mbps UL
What's the use? 2 normal DVD's combined would be about 1/2 cm thick and about 30 gms in weight. Is that too heavy?

L

leomax

FraudBand
ISP
Tata
you dont have to carry 2 :p

Apoorv Khatreja

Apoorv Khatreja

Super Loser
ISP
You won't even get to know if you keep them in the same case.

B

bhargav

\,,/
ISP
Nivyah 1Mbps Unlimited
basically...... dvd9 are useful for carrying huuuge files Apoorv hence the need esp for g**e downloders like me :pif u see some of the recent g**es they are all on dvd9!!!!!!

L

Lokesh

Regulars
ISP
Trib 649_Combo
not only games but many movies too come on dvd9. strange thing that got godfather(all 3 parts, in excellent quality) on dual layer for Rs 100 only! :p (and that too a yr ago!)that's why i had thought too that dual layer wud be under Rs 100, but sadly they r not!

Apoorv Khatreja

Apoorv Khatreja

Super Loser
ISP
Ya, Rang De Basanti was on Dual Layer DVD. Ripped it, and fit it into a CD :). Also, I remember PC World used to give out dual layer DVDs with linux distros in them along with their magazine for just Rs. 60.

V

viralbug

tR0ll bUg
ISP
MTNL Triband 1333 2mbps night 1mbps day
they must be getting those dual layers from outside. they are very cheap in other countries.

vebk

vebk

Mr. Advocate
ISP
Airtel 8 Mbps 'Unlimited'
well, I went to Nehru Place, and though I know I didn't get the best deal possible, I think I got a pretty good price - Rs. 140 for a Verbatim DVD+R DL (which is supposed to be one of the best).

L

Lokesh

Regulars
ISP
Trib 649_Combo
light scribe would be even costlier! don't know the price and i don't think anywhere in NP u wud find it.

B

bhargav

\,,/
ISP
Nivyah 1Mbps Unlimited
my friend bought sum for me from singapore....... converted into rupees, cost me around rs.10/- each (verbatim) :Dgot a huge 20 dvd pack :p