DTH with HD DVR

I am also looking for HD-DVR and have to finalize between Airtel and Videocon. The Videocon HD-DVR is not available at couple of dealers that I checked over the last 2 days. Online purchase of HD-DVR is only for Mumbai and Delhi so I had called up their sales team today and was told that due to "technical" issues the DVR is issued only in Mumbai and Delhi. No outlook on when they would start online purchase for Bangalore. Anyone know the real story here? Is it just a matter of stock unavailability or any technical issue in Bangalore etc cities?

Sometimes it happens that a whole lot goes faulty and when found it need to be pulled back from market. May be someting like that wud have happened . Or they would actually be out of stock.

And its true that they have online services only in selected cities.

----------

Or it could be, they want to increase the recording capacity on new boxes by providing 500GB hard disk?

Oh !! That wud be gr8 then for new subscribers.

May be u r right. Coz everyone is quoting this reason for non-availability of HD DVRs. But this is happening since long. These guys shud look into it, else they will miss out on potential sales!

May be u r right. Coz everyone is quoting this reason for non-availability of HD DVRs. But this is happening since long. These guys shud look into it, else they will miss out on potential sales!
Yes! They just lost one customer (me) to Tata Sky this week for the same reason...

Sometimes it happens that a whole lot goes faulty and when found it need to be pulled back from market. May be someting like that wud have happened . Or they would actually be out of stock.

And its true that they have online services only in selected cities.

But they are still offering it for Mumbai and Delhi. I just hope its a stock issue and not a technical issue. I will try to check with some other dealers this weekend.
Regarding online services in selected cities - the order form for regular HD STB is coming up on the website (for Bangalore) so they do seem to allow online ordering for Bangalore for other STBs.

Ofcourse if they are planning to come up with a higher capacity DVR, then I don't mind waiting for sometime 🙂

DVR shud certainly come with HDMI 1.4. Not sure about HD Zapper. Dont clearly remember what the Zapper users had shared! 🙁