DSL_Unlimited 749 & DSL_Unlimited 599.. are same!

• Thread starter Thread starter scott274
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,477

scott274

BBF Noob
ISP
MTNL Triband
I have MTNL Triband "DSL_Unlimited 749" plan currently. Just visited their unlimited triband plans page and saw that "DSL_Unlimited 749" is no longer listed but "DSL_Unlimited 599" is offering the same speed as the earlier 749 plan (except I think the night speed is 752 kbps instead of the earlier 1 mbps).Should I downgrade my plan by sending an application to our MTNL exchange or will MTNL do this automatically..

Call 1500 from the landline and request for a plan change. No need for written application.

I have MTNL Triband "DSL_Unlimited 749" plan currently. Just visited their unlimited triband plans page and saw that "DSL_Unlimited 749" is no longer listed but "DSL_Unlimited 599" is offering the same speed as the earlier 749 plan (except I think the night speed is 752 kbps instead of the earlier 1 mbps).

Should I downgrade my plan by sending an application to our MTNL exchange or will MTNL do this automatically..

why u want downgrade to 599 ? r u not getting 1MBPS @ night ie ?

i also have same plan but my connection is in safe-custody now and planing to restore my connection next month so ur feedback is useful for me

Yes I am getting 1 mbps during night (6pm to 8am I think) and that seems to be the only difference between the 749 & 599 plans. The additional 150 Rs though to get just that seem a bit much for me. They probably will add night speed upgrade to the 599 plan anyway in a few months if everybody go for it. Their next unlimited plan is 999 @ 1.13mbps-1.34mbps.. guess not many used MTNL plans in the between range in the past, so they trashed them..