DSL Router Issue

skinnylizard

ISP
mtnl
Hi,I am using a MTNL Tri-Band connection in the office with a DSL 502-T router. I got back to the office on Monday morning and there was no connection. The computer shows it connected to the router but there is no real transfer of data. The lights all show connected as usual. Now, i tried re-connecting and resetting the router, no luck. I tried to log into the router and it wont connect either. It just acts like its connecting then just shows a broken connection. Rang up MTNL and its been three days, no dice. Dont understand how all of a sudden it would stop working. Weirdest thing is i dont get how the router cannot be connected to from the computer. Anyone have any ideas???

Click start, run type cmd and hit enter...dos like window will come up type ipconfig /alland wtever it gives u, copy it here (to copy from dos right click on it, click mark, then select the text and hit enter)

physical address 00-0f-3d-77-3a-0ddhcp enabled yesauto config enabled yesip address 192.168.1.2subnet mask 255.255.255.0default gateway 192.168.1.1dhcp server 192.168.1.1dns server 192.168.1.1lease obtained thursday june 21 2007 10;32;46 amlease expires thursday june 21 2007 10;physical address 00-0f-3d-77-3a-0ddhcp enabled yesauto config enabled yesip address 192.168.1.2subnet mask 255.255.255.0default gateway 192.168.1.1dhcp server 192.168.1.1dns server 192.168.1.1lease obtained thursday june 21 2007 10;32;46 amlease expires thursday june 21 2007 11;32;46

Ok try this > Open network connections (Open my network places and on left side click network connections)> you will see a lan connection here, right click on it and click properties> new popup will come up, click TCP/IP , just click it and DO NOT UNCHECK THE BOX AGAINST IT. and then click properties>Check " use following address" instead of obtain ip automatically.>type in these numbers 192 168 1 3255 255 255 0192 168 1 1 give following in dns servers window 203 122 63 154 203 122 63 152 Click ok to close the windows.then try to open internet

thanks genex. will def try that tomo. however today, i carried my laptop and connected the router i was able to reach the router config page. so it must be a pc issue on my work desktop. then the mtnl guy came in and he plugged the router into my laptop and messed around with the pvc 0 setting and it worked. however i plug it into my desktop and it is still the same thing. no connection. cant connect to the router or anything else. i get the same ipconfig/all stats as i have put them above.any ideas what could be messing up on my desktop?here is the thing. the mtnl guy came in and he plugged the router into my laptop and it messed around with the pvc 0 setting and it worked. however i plug it into my desktop and it is still the same thing. no connection. cant connect to the router or anything else. i get the same ipconfig/all stats as i have put them above.

Your desktop shows ip 192.168.1.2, now this ip is normally reserved for USB connection (router side), thats the reason why I asked u to change it to 192.168.1.3.Just follow my instructions on top and it will work

sorry, i didnt mention that the connection to the router is through USB. i am on the laptop right now and its showing the 192.168.1.2 ip address and .1 for the gateway. however when i plug this into the desktop no dice. same story. i did punch in the ip you mentioned as well as the DNS. nothing happened.

If ur connected through usb then u will have to give gateway as 192.168.1.2 and not 192.168.1.1

i tried using ethernet on the desktop. ill try it again. see if it works.ok. thoroughly confused. plugged in the ethernet instead of the usb, changed the ip to the .3 and it still didnt work. nor at .2 im not getting this.

i will tomorrow when i get back to the office. however, if it is automatically obtaining the ip & dns and is successfully doing so on the laptop then why is it having trouble on the desktop?

Hi, i tried the open DNS, no luck. same thing. i get no response just a cannot connect to server page. im thinking of formatting the bloody thing.