DSL NU 849 2mbps .. WTF !!

• Thread starter Thread starter Smartboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 86
  • Views Views 11,901
u mean modulation type?

i recall when we friends used to claim whose PC is fastest. and we used to have fun of the person having fastest PC.

"rakesh ka PC itna fast hain ke usko chalu karte hi u get the message 'Its now safe to shutdown your computer'"
lolz :rofl:
"mera pc itna fast hai ki band karne ke baad chalu hota hai" 😛

protocols means they hav restricted the procedure by which they change user's planspehle exchange jake bhi plan change karvke milta thanow they just tell us to either giv written application or call 1500

DSL NU 849 has started dose anyone knows whats the download speed(in KBPS) getting on torrent in this plan at nignt
i am planing to shift from sify to MTNL
At present i am getting download speed on torrents is 27KBPS on sify 256kbps unlimited plane

Back in Jan when us 590NU guys were accidently given 2mpbs enmass,
I used to get steady 855kbps rates on DU meter after about 4 am....

Back then I was on PPPoE instead of Bridging and I was DL'ing via Bearshare
Did not know about Bridging and bittorrents ports would not get fwded via PPPoE

But it would not stabalize at 855kbps before 3.30 to 4am
Screenshot I mailed to my friend on Jan 13, 2007 4:39 AM,to boast of the screw up the MTNL guys made by bumping everyone upto 2mbps
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2833/2mbpsspeedye0.jpg

protocols means they hav restricted the procedure by which they change user's plans

pehle exchange jake bhi plan change karvke milta tha
now they just tell us to either giv written application or call 1500

How long before 30th or 31st do i have to call 1500 to make the change.
Do u have to give them 2 days ,3 dys or a week to make the change.

I know of friends who call on 29th and dont get the new plan for 1 month 1 day,instead of 1 day

i got plan changed twice to date. my plan got changed on 4th.so old plan was 199 and new NU.so my bill was (4*199/30)+(26*590/30)similarly when i switched back to 199 from NUit was done on 3rd so bill wasso my bill was (3*590/31)+(28*199/31)so u shudnt worry when plan changes.. best is to apply on 30 or 31st

i hav already changed my plan 2 times this month.now this will be the 3rd time for gettin 849 NU :rofl:

Cant understand why they havent made a provision for online TriB plan changing ..i have got my phone plan changed thrice without doin anything more than afew clicks.

i got plan changed twice to date.

Do you get a stable 2mbps link on good seeded torrents while on the limited Plans with 2mbps?Or do you guys encounter shaping?

that will come in future. let them first get usage site proper.btw in mumbai invalid id is on! use at ur own risk.good speeds infact very good speeds... not 2mbps though but 1640 kbps (205KB/s) continuous, that means raw abt 1700kbps (if u include tcp headers)when i was on NU and on 2mbps for 10-15days i used to get same speed even at night.

future ?!..its been nearly 2.5 yrs since BB was launched..besides they have to do nothing more than make a provision for sending work order online to the concerned dept ..thats all..

On the website the speed for NU plan is given as "256 Kbps/upto 2Mbps", I hope this doesn't mean that after 12 speed would come down. Has anybody taken this plan and used it. Any difference in the speed during day and during NU hours??

well.. earlier to change phone plan u had to apply in exchange then u cud just call 1500 and now u can do it online. so mtnl hain to sab slow hain.