MTNL Mumbai DSL Modulation?

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr.cool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 5,988
ISP
MTNL
Hello friends,
Am on 2 mbps plan ( 1 mbps after 8 gb ) and i am facing timeout issue with facebook , twitter, broadbandforum.co and some other sites.
Made several complain to MTNL but all in vein.
Is there any settings that i can change to minimize issue ?
I heard that changing dsl modulation can help but not sure what should i select and what should i disable.
Your help would be highly appreciated.
Screenshot%20(11).png

GDmt works best as per my experience.

Disable all except GDmt

Run a timeout test.

From 192.168.1.1 page check your gateway adress and go to command prompt and ping it followed by " -t" (*space*dash*t)
Let this run for 3 minutes .press cntrl+c and post the result here

Then

Ping google.com -t

Let the test run for 3 minutes and post the result here.

Also post your snr margin line attenuation and crc error stats

Gateway ping test
Ping statistics for 59.182.xxxx:
Packets: Sent = 200, Received = 200, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 8ms, Maximum = 85ms, Average = 12ms
Google.com ping test

Ping statistics for 216.58.220.14:
Packets: Sent = 174, Received = 174, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 8ms, Maximum = 29ms, Average = 9ms
Screenshot%20(12).png

I am assuming snr margin is 11 and line attenuation is 17. In that case snr margin seems low. Maybe line from mtnl srerver to your place. Or your splitter has a issue( use your mtnl like directly without your splitter and see if stats improve.
If not it maybe a line issue.

Change the modulation to gdmt see if line attenuation lowers and snr margin improves..maybe that can solve your issue.

I tried to connect my modem directly with line without any spittler the snr valur droped to 10 and no change to attenuation value.
again joined the modem via spilter and snr valur = 11 and no change in attenuation rate.

Ok splitter is fine and so is the line i think.but then how can snr margin be this low? If you are so near to the server? Is there dosturbance to your phone calls? Any parallel lines inside your home?

Exchange is about 0.5 km away from my place.
There is only one telephone wire in my place no other telephone wires.
The telephone line is thrown directly to my buildings box and i noticed today that some cable wires are intercepting it.
can this cause issue?
And yes small disturbance is there in my telephone.

Call up mtnl broadband guys ...first thing they will do is check for disturbance in phone line....they will have to change line segments..see it solves your problem.

Hi, I use to face problem like YouTube not working, Gapps unable to load with MTNL default dns address,changing the dns to Google open dns solved the problem. So you can also try, if u haven't already. *I know it might be a lame advice [emoji14] *

GDmt works best as per my experience.

Disable all except GDmt

MTNL seems have upgraded their DSL network.

Now instead of GDmt I would recommend Annex M.

Annex M is rock stable for me and very few CRC errors (0 errors in 4 hrs) compared to GDmt. (100 in just few mins)

Annex M also supports 24mbps download and 3 mbps upload (in theory)