DSL light goes off

• Thread starter Thread starter Mac9967
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 7,440
How old is your modem? Is your voice line fine? Have you made a complaint?

my modem(iBaton) is near about one an half year old..landline is working fine...i directly connect the line to the modem but giving me the same problem..reset the modem....try as much as possibleyes i register a complaint but god know when they come.....

You have to go through a splitter, you cannot connect directly. The splitter splits voice and data. Check that once. If you have a friends modem that you can borrow, i suggest you try with that. There are some line stats you can check to know if it is a line problem or device problem, but I am not conversant with that. You should search this forum or outside for people who had similar issues... sorry if I've not been much help.

i connect line directly to the modem to check is there problem in spiitter...if its get stable means problem in spiltter but its not..btw ty for reply

Try switching off and ON your modem. Let us know if it get ok.

ya i try this one also...also reset the modem...but giving the same problem :redface:i borrow modem from friend also but same problem...not getting where is the problem

i m nt getting wht r u trying to say???i hav iBaton modem since 1 week ADSL light goes off frequently and again come back....i tried everything that is possible to me...1) Connect line directly to the modem2) tried friend modem and Splitter3) Reset modembut giving me same problem...give me suggestion to fix this...???

meetdilip said:
So exchange issue.

Mac9967 said:
i m nt getting wht r u trying to say???i hav iBaton modem since 1 week ADSL light goes off frequently and again come back....i tried everything that is possible to me...1) Connect line directly to the modem2) tried friend modem and Splitter3) Reset modembut giving me same problem...give me suggestion to fix this...???
What dilip means is it could be a issue in the Telephone Exchange... Anyway there are mostly 3 likely problems that I can think off... 1st is the exchange issue like dilip mentioned... Second is there might be disturbance in ur line... Do u hear any disturbance in the line when you listen to through ur phone??? Lastly it could be a problem with the modem itself but as u said there is a same issue with ur friends modem too, this seems unlikely...

SNR 47.0 22.0 dbLine Attenuation 10.0 8.0 dbwhen ADSL light is on then the above values it gave (Downstream Upstream) so the SNR and line is fine i thinki can't hear any noticeable disturbance.but i register a complaint they said there must a problem in line, call dataone...i called but they yet not come to see it...

i borrow modem from friend and checked but there also same problem....linemen said that there is no problem in line...without seeing my home line...they are not giving me proper response...
dnt knw what to do?

A visit to exchange might help. Talk to someone knowledgeable. Linemen are not usually aware of DSL faults.

i visit to exchange office,they send a linemens to home and they just check my line from DP to home and said there was noise in your line,now everything is fine..and went away...???i think they are not taking it seriously ,they are just escaping from there work...