DSL CPE One-time Upfront Charges Waived off for new broadband connection from 10/03/2011 to 31/03/20

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 4,260

socrates

I got banned!
ISP
Jio Fiber. FTTH
For new MTNL broadband users who would opt for UL plans this was the only payment now even that is waived off till this month end. Introduction Also come as a full page ad in todays Mumbai Mirror

Charges
i
One Time Registration Charge
(with tele. bill - Non-refundable)
NIL(Except for Combo plans) 😀
For Combo Plans-Registration charges as per landline general tariff
ii
DSL Activation & Testing Charges
(With tele. bill)
Rs. 300/-
(waived off for plan DSL 599 & higher plans w.e.f.01/01/2011) 😀
iii
DSL CPE One-time Upfront Charges
(with tele. bill & Non refundable)
(Waived off for new broadband connection from 10/03/2011 to 31/03/2011) 😀
1. For Normal ADSL Modem: Rs.300/-
2. For Wireless ADSL Modem: Rs.600/-
3. For Customer owned CPE: NIL
iv
Monthly CPE Service Charges for MTNL CPE
1. For Normal ADSL Modem: Rs.50/-
2. For Wireless ADSL Modem: Rs.50/-
3. For all combo Plans: NIL 😀
4. For Unlimited Plans: NIL 😀

Hmmm Saw that ad in today's newspaper might give the shivers to all those cable wallah distributors who have no idea of the meaning of service. Might attract many 'cable internet' customers to try out MTNL. Many of my neighbours who have Sify/Tata Indicom are contemplating the switch. But nothing really for us 'old fogies' who have been with MTNL for many years now. 🙁

Why all this now, they cant even cope up and deliver quality network to existing connections/subscribers , then why attract new consumers on already saturated infrastructure, they should improve infrastructure first.

Any ways nothing for us.

I have applied for a wifi modem ... its been almost 2 months n no sign of delivery. The guy at exchange said modems are not in stock and will easily take 1 more month.

Modems are not in stock! And still offering it for FREE 😀I remember when i applied for free modem scheme in diwali 2009... i got it after 2-3 months... but i had patience.. because it was just for a spare line....plus line was free and dsl modem/installation was also free... 😀

I have applied for a wifi modem ... its been almost 2 months n no sign of delivery. The guy at exchange said modems are not in stock and will easily take 1 more month.

That is very strange, which exchange are you on? My friend on the Prabhadevi exchange applied last month & was told 'it was out of stock but would be available in 15 days or so' He actually got it in 17 days 🙂. It was some Beetel model, modem cum wifi router which has 802.11 b/g only 🙁 Maybe you will have to follow up with the yokels at your exchange.

So the monthly bill for most customers will decrease by Rs 50 plus service tax because there is no monthly rental for modems on most plans.

Hi,
Why don't you buy your own router its cheap>Rs 2000 and fully customizable according to what you want and it takes less than 20 mins to configure one ,why wait 2 months ??

Regards

@amish ... versova exchange

Hi,
Why don't you buy your own router its cheap>Rs 2000 and fully customizable according to what you want and it takes less than 20 mins to configure one ,why wait 2 months ??

Regards

i actually dont need it that desperately ... bought an android phone so was like getting wifi router for 600 bucks not a bad deal

Called up Versova exchange, the guy incharge told me that there is a huge shortage of modems and i will have to wait another 20-30 days. They are still completing 25th Dec orders and mtnl is promising free routers with new connection 😛. Can any1 provide me DGM's no. or email id ?

@amish ... versova exchange

i actually dont need it that desperately ... bought an android phone so was like getting wifi router for 600 bucks not a bad deal

Called up Versova exchange, the guy incharge told me that there is a huge shortage of modems and i will have to wait another 20-30 days. They are still completing 25th Dec orders and mtnl is promising free routers with new connection 😛. Can any1 provide me DGM's no. or email id ?

Am a bit confused by your comments above 🙂 Email-id's can be found in the wiki of this forum or at Mumbai MTNL : At a Glance (right at the bottom). Personally I prefer to go to my exchange & meet the SDE or DE for h/w related work for my friends ( I use my own h/w).

Was having frequent disconnection problem for a while. I called 1504 and the guy was quite helpful. He said your light is flickering 🙂D) and told me he would reset it at his end. He told me to speak to some at a number he gave me. On Friday I called up the number he gave and the guy there was very co-operative too. He checked out and then came to my house the same day and changed the modem which I had been suspecting for a while.Since then I have no disconnection but was getting low speed on the MTNL speedtest. The Speedtest.net test was normal but MTNL one was poor. Just about 200 kbps instead of 512 kbps.Since last night, the MTNL speedtest number has come up to normal. I was wondering if the Tsunami had an effect on the undersea cables but then why should the speedtest to MTNL servers be poor?Second point is that my earlier modem was a 4 port KD318. He has changed it to the UT300 single port one. This is not of immediate concern but I sometimes need to connect an additional laptop or two. I am going to ask them to change it to a WiFi modem and hope it gets done under the free CPE scheme.I have a question. I believe and hope that the MTNL Wifi modem will have at least 1 LAN connection to connect my desktop. Is that right?