DSL 502T Hanging issues

• Thread starter Thread starter teccoder
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,090

teccoder

I've read a lot of complaints not only on this forum but throught the web in regards to the 502T router getting its firmware corrupted and completely dying.This happened to me last week and after a bit of thinking I managed to recover it to its full glory, so I thought i'd share that information incase anyone has gone through or will go through the same problem.1) Download the firmware updater from the D-Link.co.in website for the 502 T router2) Run the setup and wait for the program to start3) Select the corrupted image mode and press next4) Unplug your router, wait 10 seconds and replug it in5) Press next on the screen till you see a progress bar6) Wait till its done, and then restart your router again7) Your router should now be as good as new

1) Download the firmware updater from the D-Link.co.in website for the 502 T router[/b]

i think it would be easier for new users if u give the complete link...

for rest of the steps if u give a screenshot or something like that, it'd be again helpful for new users...

do these and this post will go to the sticky section 🙂

Loading old settings should not be a problem since this is a firmware issue and the firmware doesn't get saved when you hit the backup your settings button..