Driver Power State Failure BSOD Error

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 4,860
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
So my PC just died on me out of nowhere.

It booted up and showed me a blue screen with the message:

"Driver Power State Failure".

It's going to automatic repair and it won't do anything. It boots again and the circle goes on and on. Tried system restore once, didn't fix it. Trying another restore point now. Seems like, I'm screwed.

pwkSYDy.webp

I've windows on c: drive, I wonder why it says d: in the photo.

Last edited by a moderator:
You seem to share my bad experiences with Seagate.
I've lost more than 5 Seagate drives and not even a single WD drive.
I've even used Hitachi, samsung and Toshiba drives but Seagate is by far the worst when it comes to reliability.
I have placed an order for Toshiba P300 2Tb drive internal for storage/backup.
Would have gone for WD but the recent Wdgate scandal using shingles for their drives left me a bit sceptical.

Seagate is cutting lots of corners to drive down the costs. I still have their older model 320gb and it's running fine for 10+ years.
Hope Toshiba lasts me through.

Off topic, anyone knows what happened to Maxtor company? They did make amazing external HDD. I still own one and it's going great for 15 years.

I have a Toshiba drive for the last 7 years. A few bad sectors, picture: here.

During the Thailand floods the prices of drives went up, and they never came back down again. Does anyone remember that?

Status quo never returns when its about cost. Companies get greedy about profits and circumstances like these gives them a reason to not bring down costs even when operations, supply chains have been restored.

Which software to check health status of drive @Samuel

Crystal Disk Info: here

My current cabinet can can accommodate 5 HDDs, 3 slots are left, I am wondering if I should get an internal drive or an external backup drive.

I am doing the same thing, albeit upgrading from 320gb to 2tb and as a backup. Both my 2tb external and 1 tb usb from Seagate have gone rogue.
My primary reason for internal is that I can take backup on the go instead of plugging in the cables (lazy..😜). Also running it regularly will help it to function optimally (I think my 2 tb died because I had not used it for over a year, although I doubt because I didn't use my Maxtor for 5+years and yet the drive is functioning properly).

Last edited:
Yeah, and I think the drive is safe stuck inside. I may do the same.

And as it turns out, my USB WiFi adapter was experiencing trouble and that is why the disconnect sound again and again, I just plugged it into some other port. Seems fine now.