• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 11,896
Status
Not open for further replies.

arpitroys80

ISP
Dataone
Hi Frnds,Can anyone give any idea on how to successfully install the driver for EC 1262 (new model with same drivers of 1260) on Win 7 x64? Followed the guidelines in Huawei support forum, but no success. Still getting FAILED message when driver is getting installed. Also, after this failure the Windows will not shutdown and have to hard reboot it. This device when connected to WinXP works fine. Any help will be highly appreciated.

I had similar issue. this is what I did.1. uninstall the Netconnect software for EC12622. uninstall the USB drivers - All items under Universal Serial Bus controllers (Right click my computer -> Manage -> DeviceManager -> Universal Serial Bus controllers)3. Restart the computer. Windows will automatically install USB controller etc.4. Install Netconnect for EC1262 SW. (from the CD provided)5. Connect EC1262 to the computer6. Launch the Netconnect application.PS: I still find problem if I select "Shutdown device" while closing Netconnect. So I simply select "Quit application"

Hi skeerthy

I tried as u told above but no luck, after uninstalling all the drivers and reboot the device got detected but as soon as i install the software & driver in "Windows-7 Home Premium -X64 bit" it disconnects and never gets detected even plugging many times.

It states diver failure and never gets detected.

The alternate method what i have done is uninstalled the software & usb driver and rebooted my PC.
Installed virtual VMware XP in windows 7 and plugged the device it got detected in Virtual XP, so again disconnected form VMware device list and it got detected in Windows 7 and now i installed the Netconnect software and it got connected now.his

But this connection works until my PC runs, After restart/resume the driver again gets disconnects and windows will never find out the Huawei driver and throws the same error "Huawei Driver failure".

Again i need to run the whole procedure to get connected again.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Hi Guys, I have found a workaround.

Install the driver on Windows 7 after a fresh installation of Windows (prior to installing any system software or other devices drivers).

You may still find that Windows 7 do not find the driver when you plugin the usb device. The Plug-n-Play will not work. So the trick is to reboot the machine. At the time of booting connect the device and check if Windows detect the device.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.