Download Stops automatically

• Thread starter Thread starter devilsown
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,966

devilsown

ISP
Reliance broadnet, 1000Mbps, unlimited d/l
need some help guys,i have had to move for sometime to a new place in Pune. there is a 1Mbps BSNL connection here.Speed is fine, but for the fact that when i try to download anything/ stream (viz youtube etc) the data transfer just stops after about 5 min. Internet continues working but the d/l stream stopsany ideas why? what do i do?(i went into the wifi router setup, there doesnt seem to be a firewall) (also, when i tried at speedtest.net, ping was at 94ms, but the d/l test didnt even start)

It should not happen ... check if your antivirus is up to date.

Go to filehippo.com Find Updates for your drivers with their program. Also update applications like Flash Player etc.TRY download with LAN/ethernet connection mode. WIFI connection tends to be slow.

tick on both the ideas above.. no change. btw, the downloads stop on every pc/ laptop on the wi-fi network. (abt 2 PCs and a laptop) any other suggestions?

INFO required 1..post ipconfig/all of any one wireless enabled laptop. Action 2....In the modem/router enable DHCP.Action 3.....In all laptops select Obtain Ip address automatically( in the TCP/IP properties) Question 4......,.Are you on Dialer mode or PPPoE "Always On " mode ?

INFO required 1..post ipconfig/all of any one wireless enabled laptop.
Action 2....In the modem/router enable DHCP.
Action 3.....In all laptops select Obtain Ip address automatically
( in the TCP/IP properties)
Question 4......,.Are you on Dialer mode or PPPoE "Always On " mode ?

1 - dont have the laptop around now, but ipconfig result on one of the pc's -

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/610/ipconfig10nov08ds5.jpg

2 - already enabled; there is a "lease time" option - current value - 24

3 - is the same

4 - PPPoE i.e. always on..