Download Stops automatically

devilsown

need some help guys,i have had to move for sometime to a new place in Pune. there is a 1Mbps BSNL connection here.Speed is fine, but for the fact that when i try to download anything/ stream (viz youtube etc) the data transfer just stops after about 5 min. Internet continues working but the d/l stream stopsany ideas why? what do i do?(i went into the wifi router setup, there doesnt seem to be a firewall) (also, when i tried at speedtest.net, ping was at 94ms, but the d/l test didnt even start)

essbebe

Regulars
Go to filehippo.com Find Updates for your drivers with their program. Also update applications like Flash Player etc.TRY download with LAN/ethernet connection mode. WIFI connection tends to be slow.

devilsown

tick on both the ideas above.. no change. btw, the downloads stop on every pc/ laptop on the wi-fi network. (abt 2 PCs and a laptop) any other suggestions?

essbebe

Regulars
INFO required 1..post ipconfig/all of any one wireless enabled laptop. Action 2....In the modem/router enable DHCP.Action 3.....In all laptops select Obtain Ip address automatically( in the TCP/IP properties) Question 4......,.Are you on Dialer mode or PPPoE "Always On " mode ?

devilsown

INFO required 1..post ipconfig/all of any one wireless enabled laptop.
Action 2....In the modem/router enable DHCP.
Action 3.....In all laptops select Obtain Ip address automatically
( in the TCP/IP properties)
Question 4......,.Are you on Dialer mode or PPPoE "Always On " mode ?

1 - dont have the laptop around now, but ipconfig result on one of the pc's -

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/610/ipconfig10nov08ds5.jpg

2 - already enabled; there is a "lease time" option - current value - 24

3 - is the same

4 - PPPoE i.e. always on..