• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,218

sachin4

ISP
bsnl
hi guys ... I have recently taken 750 unlimited home plan a week back

till yesterday i got download speed of 32 to 35 kbps and i was very happy

but.... from yesterday onwards when i'm trying to download anything....the download speed is just around 4 to 6 kbps .... completely dead slow
browsing speed is ok....wvery time i open two to 3 sites at a time it works fine...

when i checked my Check Download Speed on dataone.in it says

your band widh is 278 kbps and download speed is 36 kbps

but y is my download speed very low.....?

well, it might be because the server from which you are downloading might be slow..

anyways to confirm weather you are getting good speeds as per your plan, run a speedtest.here is the link

www.speedtest.net

hi guys ... I have recently taken 750 unlimited home plan a week back

your band widh is 278 kbps and download speed is 36 kbps

User sachin4

Nothing is wrong.

You are getting the highest speeds that are possible with that plan. You seem confused about bits and bytes.

1 Byte==8 bits
8 bits== 1 Byte

Your plan is good for 256 kilobits/second. That means 32 KiloBytes/seconds. You are getting slightly more than this (this little fluctuation is normal).

If you want higher throughput you will have to change plans. With the plan you have, this is the best you will get. So there is no issue with the connection.

Webpages are typically affected by latency and are not big enough to make great difference to browsing experience.

But downloading files and P2P will be slower as compared to some other BSNL plans. You get what you pay for.