• Thread starter Thread starter shouvik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 121
  • Views Views 47,819
ISP
Airtel
Sify Guard 3.2

Q. What is Sify Guard?

A. Sify Guard is an addon for SuperSify, If you are using Sify Broadband and worried about the 150 MB per day limit, then this application is for you. It controls your daily data transfer and informs you the result through a statistics chart. You have a couple of ways to control your daily limit. Sify Guard also helps you from getting disconnected from the Sify Server. Apart from all these Sify Guard does a lot more...

:::Features:::
+ Reconnects to SIFY after every duration assigned to it.
+ Auto/Manual Logout from Sify Server after completing X MB of data. Where X is any amount of data assigned by the user.
+ Enable/Disable Autologin/AutoLogout.
+ Bandwidth meter to keep a track of how much data you uploaded/downloaded.
+ Displays your data flow in graph.
+ Displays your incomming and outgoing speed of your connection.
+ Stats Page showing you the Bandwidth Stats.
+ Notification prompting you when you are left less than 2 MB data transfer limit.
+ Logout timing.
+ Precise bandwidth calculating.
+ Bandwidth Exceed notification on startup.
+ Option for Shut Down computer after logout.
+ Automatically Login on Startup.
+ Start Sify Guard when OS Starts.

What's new in version 3?

+ Ability to count bandwidth between the time assigned.
+ Ability to reset the bandwidth at any desired time.
+ Manual/Automatically Ping a network/IP address.
+ View your account details
+ Login Wizard to make it easier to handle SuperSify. It includes the following:

* Sify Username/Password.
* Sam Server's IP address and Port No.
* Ability to Bypass/Change MAC ID.
* Create shortcut for SuperSify Login/Logout automatically.
* Closing the SuperSify window after Login/Logout.

Supported OS: All Windows Versions [Windows 2000/NT/XP/2003 highly recommended]
Size of Setup: 2.70 MB

Download Sify Guard version 3.2 From http://sifyguard.cupidsystems.com

disable heartbeat , that sud solve ur problem.......am i missing something??

Originally posted by avinds@Jul 5 2005, 02:14 PM
disable heartbeat , that sud solve ur problem.......am i missing something??
[snapback]14961[/snapback]
[/quote]

The heartbeat is already disabled by the Sify server.

Hey...earlier i was having sify...i faced the same problem ....unexpected session expiration...but sify got fooled a lot.....FLASHGET doesnt stop downloading even when the session expires....i downloaded a lot when i was off the session...it was just like an unmetered download.....try it....those downloads didnt come anywhere in the session details....try FLASHGET with some downloads...and then give me a feedback....

Originally posted by vikikivi@Jul 8 2005, 05:14 PM
Hey...earlier i was having sify...

i faced the same problem ....unexpected session expiration...

but sify got fooled a lot.....FLASHGET doesnt stop downloading even when the session expires....i downloaded a lot when i was off the session...it was just like an unmetered download.....try it....
those downloads didnt come anywhere in the session details....

try FLASHGET with some downloads...and then give me a feedback....
[snapback]15431[/snapback]
[/quote]

I am using Flashget since ages, it does not work the way you are saying

it maybe usefule for some people 🙂 but it isnt a bit needed i use supersify -u user -p pass -h enablewhich enables heart beat feature of supersify and it works fine for me .Maybe you should write a simple gui program to send the arguments to supersify.exe that would be good for some new users who arent used to commandline

well did u call customercare and told them to disable ur heartbeat .. Not all people has done the same and for me it responds properly as i haven't disabled heartbeat for my account .

Could you make an independent program of your bandwidth monitor? I like it better than my current one.

does the new version with meter facility calculate the data transfered from 12.am to 11:59 pm and does auto logoff if it reached 150MB(or what we set)?eg:i login at 1 am and download 50 MB logout out at 5 am.i login at 7 am and download 50 MB logout out at 11am.i login at 2 pm and download 20 MB logout out at 7 pm.Now when I login at 10 pm again I just have 30 MB left so will the new version remember that I have already utilised 120 MB before on the same day and be smart to log me off as it approches 30 MB remaining limit of that day or will it calculate at 150 MB which is set in the program?I hope you understand this question ....But still I have not tried this new version pls give me this answer!!