Download problem

• Thread starter Thread starter demigod
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 7,819
Emm... Don't follow that link - editing the registry is painful. Follow this one instead:
DrTCP windows tcp tuning and tweaking - dslreports.com

Set an MTU of 1400. Reboot and then try the download. Don't change any other setting in DrTCP unless you know what you're doing.
DRTCP: How do I use it and what are all these settings? Tweaking FAQ - dslreports.com

The default value on windows is usually 1500 for ethernet; and I think it's slightly lesser for PPPoE.

Emm... Don't follow that link - editing the registry is painful. Follow this one instead:
DrTCP windows tcp tuning and tweaking - dslreports.com

Set an MTU of 1400. Reboot and then try the download. Don't change any other setting in DrTCP unless you know what you're doing.
DRTCP: How do I use it and what are all these settings? Tweaking FAQ - dslreports.com

The default value on windows is usually 1500 for ethernet; and I think it's slightly lesser for PPPoE.

Thanks.But i already did that one mentioned in MS website .
should i try this also..?

Nope... If you've already tried an MTU of 1400 by modding the registry settings and if it still doesnt work, I can't think of anything else. Reinstalling windows or better still, giving it up altogether and moving to saner operating systems is a good alternative.😛

@softix: you don't understand my problem clearly 😛. read itit's getting worse and worse:now i'm not able to connect in Counter strike 1.6 online server also :wall:.i'm reinstalling windows.Thank you ever one for your wonderful supportThank you IBF

My posting earlier. (POST NO 26).
Para two :You have Dual OS,
Does the streaming video files download nicely in IE/FF with Linux OS. ?
and If IE/FF browser downloads works well in Linux,
then windows OS definitely to be repaired/reinstalled.
Also see legal downloads forum for links for WINDOWS updates.

Para two : Try without windows. Update your LINUX version.

I'm 100% sure video streaming and download,updates and everything is fineincluding torrent download.So at Linux ( fedora core 8 ) everything is fine.in fact in Linux surfing is great.But here in windows it's horrible to surf and download anything without.. accelerator.I'm totally frustrated.I reinstalled windows now.