• Thread starter Thread starter genexed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,853

genexed

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 512 combo unlm + TATA 1 Mbps UNLM
Lets say iF your plan is 256, shouldn't you get 256 Kbs(or near about) download speed irrespective of you are uploading or not? I get 75% (192Kbs) of the promised speed but my question is they are capping my upload + download speed as 192Kbs and not both of them seperately., so I never get 192 Download or 192 Upload unless I am only downloading or only uploading respectively.Hopefully I've made my point clear enough. Is it same with MTNL, Airtel or Reliance?

nah Im BSNL user....Download speed 256kbps + more thn tht sum timezzupload speed is alwayz 64kbps..

On pacenet, if I have 72 kbps, its the same for both. Dont know about broadband, since pacenet doesnt offer unlimited schemes.But I want to see an answer on this question- about mtnl, because hopefully they'll come out with unlimited in Bombay by the end of next year.

I have 256kbps plan and i can download at 32KB/s(i.e 32 x 8=256kbps) while i can upload at 8KB/s(8 x 8=64kbps) at the same time.I noticed this when using torrent download.All these Indian ISPs are publishing only the download speeds and not the uploads . It should be mentioned like 256/64 plan or something like that.