Doubt

Tell me which plan do u have ?? i'll confirm you do u have static ip or not..

No, My Firend, in Home 99 plus, company do not give the static ip even if you pay Rs 2500 the annual rental for it.. its meant for the commercial plans only.. however, you can check the ip you r getting, on "www.whatismyip.com"but it will be a dynamic ip.. it will be changed with every new session..

hey dude...i dont mean to hijack your thread but i have a serious question for this guy.Hey Anshu, could you tell me if you're in Mumbai? If so then I have a serious problem with Airtel broadband man. Do you think you could solve it?

Hi Max, You can tell me about the problem... maybe i can solve it.. i'll try my best otherwise... i'm looking after the total NCR (Delhi, Ghaziabad, Noida, Gurgaon, Faridabad) region for L2 support... lets try together to solve ur problem...

My IP is 125.23.52.2**So is it static or dynamic and what is the exact difference?

to see if u have a static ip or not... just check ur IPs during different sessions.check ur ip. note it down. disconnect. reconnect. check your ip again.

dynamic IP is one which is freshly assinged to you every time you login. otherwise its static i.e. same IP each time you login. both have their pros and cons.

if you dont even know the benefit of having a static ip... i think you are lucky enough to have a dynamic one. 🙂

Best way, look your WAN configuration settings in your modem, if you will get Automatically Assign IP address in the settings , than its your dynamic IP.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Nov 16 2006, 11:48 PM) [snapback]68959[/snapback]
if you dont even know the benefit of having a static ip... i think you are lucky enough to have a dynamic one. 🙂
[/b]

Please tell me the benifits?

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Nov 16 2006, 11:48 PM) [snapback]68959[/snapback]
[/b]

umm dude its not always lucky to have a static IP. If you get banned from some place then you're screwed