Doubt about pan aadhar link

• Thread starter Thread starter Smh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,828

Smh

ISP
Wired local-AirtelFiber
If i apply for correction in pan card with aadhar esign. Will this automatically connect pan to aadhar card?

Or apply for pan correction offline?

Bump

My name is different in PAN card, but I was able to link it with AADHAR.

What exactly is it that you are trying to do?

Okay so trying to update pan online didn't work as that requires aadhar linked.

@Samuel now they require exact match with aadhar data, earlier slight mismatch was allowed. Mine issue is just a space between first and middle name.

In pan it is Jondoe name and in aadhar it is Jon Doe name.

I have verified this from IT site it shows pan active but name wrong if i put space between first name and last name.

Now what is even weird is on pan the name is written exactly like aadhar with proper space but probably during some data update IT messed up and the space between first name middle name was removed from the online database.
Now I obviously don't know how the pan form was filled years ago.

So finally after 2 months IT enabled the linking option again with payment which is still messed up.
Order for charging was issued on March 30, it took 2 months to setup payment system for penalty which is not even very seamless. You have to pay challan on nsdl online then it takes a week for IT to recognise they have received your payment.

So still after paying penalty i couldn't link aadhar and applied for offline correction at pan center and surprise surprise they cannot process even offline application if your aadhar is not linked. I guess it was utistl centre and checked their site it shows they are waiting for some update after new penalty rule.

This is a catch 22 situation you cannot link addhar with name correction and you cannot apply for correction without linking aadhar.

From next month penalty will be 1000 and idk if the 500 i paid will be considered, most likely not.

Somehow I have now again applied for correction from nsdl site using physical docs. And that stupid won't let you proceed without aadhar even if you not selected aadhar as proof of anything. Driving licence is sufficient according to pan card rules for all proof of name, dob, address. Fortunately it somehow allowed me to proceed with aadhar name and number matching. And generated the acknowledgement pdf that I have to send to one of the authorised pan center along with other proof docs.

I will just courier it now to their head office hope it works.

Complete idiots decided to charge penalty without any system in place. And you can pay tax challan online only so if you are not good at navigating govt sites or want to pay offline you are fucked.

Stupid system is not even able to ignore error because of a space issue, no easy or proper documented way to complain about it either.