Double speeds on Airtel Broadband at Night

• Thread starter Thread starter kalpik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 104
  • Views Views 25,539
Originally posted by ultra vires@Jan 14 2006, 01:47 PM
this offer is for northen region only now , they did say that they will be extending this offer soon to the south 🙂
[snapback]39184[/snapback]
[/quote]
ne idea if theyre offering it in chandigarh... i tried callin em up... but everytime it says executives r busy!! 🙁

M from Bangalore. Got a 128Kbps unlimited package. Have also noticed double speeds at night. Thought something had gone wrong with the capping algos used by Airtel, until I googled and found others talking about the same. No letter yet, but never mind that ;o)

Just got my bill for the month..... they've announced it in the newsletter that accompanies the bill...... though I still don't see the "doubling" of speeds......

still no increase in speeds. i somehow sometimes manage to touch 30K on 256 line on pure downloads. surfing sucks like i am on a connection worse than dialup.

i havnt been witnessing any sort of slow browsing thing .... sushubh u shuld maybe get airtel to check ur line or something.

their standard reply is check the download speed from their tool available on their servers. and that server is fast.

Originally posted by zehawk@Jan 23 2006, 01:05 AM
M from Bangalore. Got a 128Kbps unlimited package. Have also noticed double speeds at night.

Heh..really !!!!

Cos i'm on the 256k plan and don't notice any such increase.

But then i'm getting 20-25KB/s anytime of the day so no complaints here (yet).

Airtel ppl have been hounding me since last week and they said they are willing to give it in writing that my speeds will be doubled at night if i take their connection. (S. Delhi). But then if i get 5 KBps in the daytime then it's not such a great offer after all 😛

Originally posted by blr_p@Jan 14 2006, 03:53 PM
This is an interesting idea, it pushes the hogs to the night and gives better speed to all during the day.

They don't just cut you off, but give you an incentive to schedule downloads at night. That too starting at a decent time starting at 10:30 rather than 2AM.
[snapback]39193[/snapback]
[/quote]
Sorry bud. It doesnt make people NOT download during the day time. They download during the day time AND they download even MORE during the night 😉

My "double-time" starts at 10:50pm everyday. Does yours' start at this awkward time too, or is it bang-on at 10:30 pm? :?Edit: Ok, it seems from the other post here that in chennai the "happy hours" start from 11:00pm. Hmm...Even then, airtel seem to exist in a slightly-off timezone. B)