Double NAT issue .

• Thread starter Thread starter amarplex
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,102
ISP
wishnet
I am using Wishnet Broadband, its Fiber connection, I am facing a Double NAT issue, Connection is through Syrotech GEPON-ONU (model no- GOPON-1000R-ONUM ) & with this I am using My TP-Link Archer C6 router. Now my main problem is the Double NAT issue. The Wishnet people and the third-party people who set my connection up act clueless when I tell them my problem. Does anyone know how to avoid this double NAT ? Thanks.

if your ISP is giving public IP to you then it should be single NAT but if your ISP is providing private IP then you cannot avoid double NAT. i.e., if connection is already in bridge mode then you cannot do anything.

They will reserve a static IP for you on their router and forward all inbound ports to your router. You'll able to forward ports as required. But there will be double NAT anyways. You won't face any major issue since you will be able to forward ports as needed.

I called the ISP they have given me one live IP for Port forwarding, now can u guide me, how to do port forward with that LIve IP

assuming u setup the ip in TP-Link

click on advanced>nat forwarding>upnp

and enable upnp

that should work for almost every game.

if not you can forward in advanced>nat forwarding>port triggering