DoT asks ISPs to block Uber, TaxiForSure and Ola Cabs websites in Delhi

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
DoT asks ISPs to block websites of Uber, Ola, TaxiForSure in Delhi | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

A DoT official has confirmed sending the notice to ISPs to block the websites of these firms in Delhi and send a compliance report on the same.

"There was a request from the Delhi government to block these websites... An order regarding the ban was issued two three days back," the official told PTI.

"All the Internet service licences are accordingly directed to immediately block the access to the URLs," the DoT order said.

Why?

because they are operating illegally in delhi. delhi government has not authorized app based cab services that do not meet their regulations.

Someone can be in Delhi trying to book a cab for his travel when he goes to Bangalore.What about him?.What about Gurgaon or Noida?This wont stand in court.Also why not stop the Cabs running on the streets?Kejri govt has gone bonkers.

There are rules. Delhi government sent repeated reminders to Uber and they did not respond.

It it after that they sent ban request to DoT.

Not Delhi govt. fault.

It's Delhi government's fault that they are a bunch of asses. Uber works fine the way it does.

Central and State govt (from all states) should make it clear if they want Cab services to be operational or not.
I would be very sad if these cab services are blocked, as I am extensively using Ola and Meru since last 1 year, and I am quite happy with theri services in my city. But other Transport organisation (especially Auto rickshaw unions) wants cab services to be banned in our city.

Uber is doing fine in other places in India.Delhi govt. banned it may be under pressure from Autowalas who are AAP supporters.Such bans wont hold in a court of law.Its againist free economy and againist public good.

Central and State govt (from all states) should make it clear if they want Cab services to be operational or not.
I would be very sad if these cab services are blocked, as I am extensively using Ola and Meru since last 1 year, and I am quite happy with theri services in my city. But other Transport organisation (especially Auto rickshaw unions) wants cab services to be banned in our city.
Which city sir?

And under what law will they ban it?

Well every country has transport and passenger laws.

Uber has issues in lots of countries.

Just because it is NICE service does not mean that regulations can be bypassed.

Which city sir?

And under what law will they ban it?
Pune City I am talking about.
Auto Unions claim that Cabs have tourist license (or long distance travel like inter-city license), so cabs cannot do public transport within city. But since cabs are already operational on roads, somebody should clarify whose claim is wrong, Autos or Cabs.
Besides these cabs collect tax from us and give proper receipt, so they might be paying some tax to govt, so how can govt be taking tax from some illegal service.
And cab service is indeed NICE. Just today I had Ola cab ride for 6 KM which costed around Rs 130. Auto wala used to ask Rs 150~200 for same distance of travelling, and as usual Auto will not provide any receipt for it 🙂

Well every country has transport and passenger laws.

Uber has issues in lots of countries.

Just because it is NICE service does not mean that regulations can be bypassed.
Well here we are talking about ban under pressure from few entities.In India radio cabs in India work fine and Uber has already purchased a radio cab license or is in process of doing so.So of Ola Meru etc can function why not Uber?

You are missing the point (and old news).

Delhi authorities give Uber deadline for license application| Reuters
Delhi government gives Uber deadline for license application - India Gazette

Delhi Government asked Uber repeatedly to show proof that they have documents supporting application to operate.

But they did not. Government kept waiting but Uber did nothing.

Then Government also gave them a deadline (notice).

Which again Uber did not bother to reply. Statements given were more or less - "we are looking into issue."

It is after that - that Delhi government asked DoT to block the site.