Doordarshan DD HD is FTA?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 11,261
Status
Not open for further replies.
DD in HD?????

Yeah and that too with horrible Audio and long ad breaks, that too from a state owned, public broadcaster is reprehensible and totally unacceptable.

Another stupid thing by DD is dat there no "LIVE" mentioned in DD HD 😀

HD - Insat 4B at 93.5°E - LyngSat

DD's HD channel is FTA on C band & Ku band, and any FTA HD STB can receive this channel. Ideally all operators should provide DD channels for free as DD has made them compulsory to carry their channels, and I guess DD is not charging for their feed.
(But if we dont pay DTH rental or any subscription fee, operator has right to block the STB for reception of any channel, provided STB is given on rental, and not owned by customer).

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Yeah and that too with horrible Audio and long ad breaks, that too from a state owned, public broadcaster is reprehensible and totally unacceptable.

Another stupid thing by DD is dat there no "LIVE" mentioned in DD HD 😀
BBC's TV broadcast was also having slight (2~3 min) delay compared to online streaming.
And BBC doesnt show any logo, nor 'LIVE' along with any broadcast 😀

HD - Insat 4B at 93.5°E - LyngSat

DD's HD channel is FTA on C band & Ku band, and any FTA HD STB can receive this channel. Ideally all operators should provide DD channels for free as DD has made them compulsory to carry their channels, and I guess DD is not charging for their feed.
(But if we dont pay DTH rental or any subscription fee, operator has right to block the STB for reception of any channel, provided STB is given on rental, and not owned by customer).

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

BBC's TV broadcast was also having slight (2~3 min) delay compared to online streaming.
And BBC doesnt show any logo, nor 'LIVE' along with any broadcast 😀

Naturally if it isnt "LIVE" they didnt mention it. I heard that DD was behind by 1 hour 😀

Naturally if it isnt "LIVE" they didnt mention it. I heard that DD was behind by 1 hour 😀
I mean to say BBC never displays any logo with any of its sports broadcast (except Football, where BBC is displayed alongwith score & time). So they dont have word 'LIVE' as well with any of its broadcast. If you can see my previous snap, the screen is complete clean on TV as well as online 🙂

I mean to say BBC never displays any logo with any of its sports broadcast (except Football, where BBC is displayed alongwith score & time). So they dont have word 'LIVE' as well with any of its broadcast. If you can see my previous snap, the screen is complete clean on TV as well as online 🙂

Ohh I see. Yeah the pic luks gr8. But its strange to see DD HD not giving "Live" on its channel whereas all the SD channels of DD i.e DD sports, DD urdu had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.