• Thread starter Thread starter yaarisucks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,282

yaarisucks

ISP
ENTEL
Hello,

I recently received an invitation to join Yaari.com. I made a terrible mistake, which was joining that network with my most used Gmail account. Upon signup I provided my Gmail password.

Guess what: ALL my contacts received an invitation to join Yaari.com.

I wasn't even asked wheter I agreed to submit such silly invitation to ALL my contacts.

I received phone calls and emails from customers, family, friends asking whether they should accept this invitation.

Believe me, being an IT professional, I felt _really_ stupid having provided the credentials of my most widely used email account to such a dishonest, unethical and irresponsible company: YAARI.COM.

At least I will spread the mouth to alert people not to join such network.

Trust me: STAY AWAY FROM YAARI.COM, they exercise unethical Spam 2.0

Most social networking websites use this method to invite your contacts.

It's good to read the Privacy Policy before providing YOUR personal email address AND password.

The site you've mentioned does have a Privacy Policy which lets you know what they intend to do with the details you provide.

The Add Friends feature is an easy way for Yaari users to invite friends through email. The email address(es) that you supply to use this service will only be used to send invitations to connect with you on Yaari. By registering for the Yaari website, and by giving Yaari member's email address and password, a member agrees to the Terms of Service and consents to allow Yaari to automatically send an email from the member to member's contacts, encouraging member's contacts to register for the Yaari website. Invitation emails will be sent on member's behalf, with the 'from' address set as member's email address.

Being an IT professional, you really really really really should know better than to provide your Gmail password to any random site. Sorry, you asked for it. :wall:Thanks for letting us know, though, about their shady practice.

i have had the same experience with them . i left them at the place where they asked me for my gmail details.

heck, even facebook asks for your gmail/yahoo password to spam all your contacts, which of course i dont provide 😀

yup! but providing them with passw of ur most used account is a foolish thing to do! thanks to 'yaarisucks' for informing us! but why didn't he use his original account to post this?

all these social networking sites do this...but they do ask for a confirmation before sending invitations out...they just don't send it if you provide them the id/pwd...