Does Wings provide SMS facility as well?

• Thread starter Thread starter nuclearsam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 4,505

nuclearsam

Regulars
ISP
MTNL, Airtel, Excitel, Jio Fibre
I read in some old news articles (dated late 2018) that BSNL will launch SMS and whatsapp integration.. I just want to confirm from any existing wings user if they are able to send/receive SMS from their wings number?

I'm a wings user for the past 4 months and can confirm that no SMS facility is available.

Lol, Calling actually works completely fine. Other than an occasional random, Number does not exist message, I have had 0 issues with making or receiving calls.

So random no doesnt exist is normal for you?
Was happening too frequently for me. At peak hours all the time. If you check at times even incoming call is problem.

Yeah, I guess. I've had it only twice in past 4 months and the number did connect on the second try both the times. I guess I can live with that. No one has reported any issues with incoming calls so far other than the number not being reachable when the internet is down.

My experience with wings is pretty bad. I took an year's plan and in first month itself most of the time service would give forbidden error.

I'm a wings user for the past 4 months and can confirm that no SMS facility is available.

I appreciate your reply. Thanks.

Seems "Wings" is not something I would go with for my office PBX box.

Was wondering if you could recommend or have tried some other VoIP service (indian number) that works good and provide SMS facility as well?

Sorry Buddy, don't know about any other consumer grade VOIP services available in India. For businesses, I guess there are services available from Airtel/Vodafone/Tata, have seen Airtel's VOIP solution implemented in my office.