Does Vodafone charge for roaming on 3G?

I have the same question for Airtel as I recently got an Airtel 3G as backup after my BSNL went down for some days. I plan to travel next month due to some work. So, can I use those prepaid data plans while roaming or does Airtel charge roaming charge on 3G usage.

I believe Vodafone data packs work while roaming without extra charges.

I use Tata Docomo prepaid. gprs roaming is not charged on postpaid. On prepaid it is not charged if you are roaming on Tata Docomo network but is charged if you are roaming on some other network.I guess same might be the case with vodafone and all other networks.

@VodafoneIndia Thank you for answering the question posed by the thread starter. It's been a long time that you have given a meaningful answer to your customers who post their queries here. I am sure most Vodafone customers here & possibly potential customers appreciate this. My fervent hope is that it continues in future. Its a pity that many queries have gone unanswered till date AND ONLY a silly template used to be pasted as an 'answer' to queries.
I presume that new personnel are now handling this job. :iomg: :rofl:

@dmastermindrahul: You are truly blessed, you got a logical & coherent answer frm Vodafone on this forum 😀 If you see the past record here you will find a answer which at best looks like a template which is posted irrespective of the type of question which only brought derision & ridicule on that company on this forum. Heres hoping that things are changing for the better & this is not a flash in the pan.@kreacher10: You could be right, manned by new people we have got a coherent answer for once, lets hope it continues. :Boy Yahoo: :rofl:BTW Before you post that silly template here again as a reply to my current post as you have done to my past queries let me tell you that I have been using a mobile phone from 1998 when you guys had a different name then. Infact there have been many name changes & so I know the difference in QOS from then to now. 🙁

Hello Rahul,

Please be informed that there will be no additional charges for data usage while on roaming if you're latched onto Vodafone's network.

Kind Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care, Kolkata

Oh. My. God. A real answer from VodaBot?!? Must be a new version 😛

Might be the management has finally woken up to the bashing-at-will of the bot!

Lightning does not hit the same place twice.Leopards don't change their spots.Life goes on 🙁