Does Tata Docomo block tethering of 3G connection?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sunil Umesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 13,363
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
MetroNet
I recently ported my Vodafone connection to Docomo. I have a Nokia Lumia 920, but I realized that I'm unable to use my phone's data connection as a wi-fi hotspot. Other devices can connect to my Lumia 920 when internet sharing is turned on, but the connection just doesn't work on the other devices. But I'm able to browse the internet and download on my phone at 3G speeds without any problems. So I just wanted to know, does Tata Docomo block tethering of its 3G connections? If not, are there any manual seetings I need to enter, to enable internet sharing? Please let me know if ay of you are able to use a mobile Docomo connection as a wi-fi hotspot. If this has ben possible for you, that means there is probably some issue with my phone or settings. Please help me out. Thank you.

Sunil Umesh said:
I recently ported my Vodafone connection to Docomo. I have a Nokia Lumia 920, but I realized that I'm unable to use my phone's data connection as a wi-fi hotspot. Other devices can connect to my Lumia 920 when internet sharing is turned on, but the connection just doesn't work on the other devices. But I'm able to browse the internet and download on my phone at 3G speeds without any problems. So I just wanted to know, does Tata Docomo block tethering of its 3G connections? If not, are there any manual seetings I need to enter, to enable internet sharing? Please let me know if ay of you are able to use a mobile Docomo connection as a wi-fi hotspot. If this has ben possible for you, that means there is probably some issue with my phone or settings. Please help me out. Thank you.

Dear Customer,
[SIZE=11pt]Kindly provide us your 10 Digit Tata DOCOMO number, your alternate contact number and email ID so that we can get in touch with you.[/SIZE]
Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata DOCOMO.

TATADOCOMO said:
Dear Customer,
[SIZE=11pt]Kindly provide us your 10 Digit Tata DOCOMO number, your alternate contact number and email ID so that we can get in touch with you.[/SIZE]
Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata DOCOMO.
Yeah sure.
Number: 9880144504
Alternate number: 9845198731
Email id: sunil_u123@hotmail.com

Sunil Umesh said:
Yeah sure.
Dear Customer,
We have received your complaint and we will ensure it is resolved soon.
Thanks and Regards,Customer CareTata DOCOMO.

Sunil Umesh said:
Yeah sure.

Dear Customer, As per the discussion over call, we would like to inform you that the internet tethering of 3G connections will not work with the recharge of Rs. 250/- data pack and regarding the settings we request you to kindly mark an email to listen@tatadocomo.com. Thanks and Regards, Customer Care Tata Docomo.

How do they cone to know that the connection is being tethered?
Don't know but some service providers in U.S. also block tethering

Blocking tethering is very easy indeed they just allow connection form a device who's mac is registered.
To by pass just get your device's (Mobile Phone in this case) mac address and clone it on your Windows/Linux/Mac (Google is your friend). And nobody in this mortal world can block you from using your stuff.
Just in case, you can argue with Service Provider (Tata DoCoMo) about allowing whatever you want since it is your Legal Right to Pair & Use internet for which you pay lofty amount. Alternatively you can go to Consumer Court and make them to make it legal to provide such service without any cost.

Now I am not able to tether Tata Docomo 3G by making my Laptop at WiFi hotspot :nonchalance:
I am actually using my 3G sim with Huawei USB modem. This USB modem has provision to trun Laptop into hotspot by using Laptops WiFi card. I used it few months ago. But 2 days back whenever I tried to turn of Hotspot, I got message that Data connection may not be active, please try again later.
I think Tata Docomo is blocking WiFi hotspot on its 3G, else there is no reason for it not to work now, when it worked very fine 2-3 months ago with same setup.

I am able to tether my Docomo 3G to my laptop
Getting decent speed on 3G in Pune.
Tested just now!!!

And my broadband speed...

^^^ So you are having sim in mobile, and turned mobile into WiFi hotspot? And it worked?
I will give another try today and check if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.