Does SifyBB give us a Global IP ? Irrespective of

frustrated

[OP]
Regulars
Nov 24, 2004
do i get a global ip eg 210.214.10.107 on all sify packs ? so as to host ftp ,etc & all that comes along with a global ip .

frustrated

[OP]
Regulars
Nov 24, 2004
yeah i guessed that , but atleast can setup an ftp for 12 hrs :p in the night

inetbum

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 30, 2004
All internet connections get a global ip. If you're on the internet, you get a global ip.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
not if u are using airtel's yozan modem ;)

also if u are on internet through a proxy...

power

supersupersuper...
Regulars
Dec 19, 2004
If u are through proxy still u need a global ip atleast to access that proxy .Lan is an exception ;)

NeO

Regulars
Regulars
Dec 7, 2004
actually it gives a global ip which is dynamic.Now if u want to host a ftp server what u can do is goto http://www.no-ip.com take a hostname from tht site which is free,now u do is download a duc client frm www.download.com.

Now when u long in to ur account sify gives a diffrent ip each time after ur login u run the duc client which fetches ur global ip and gives it to ur hostname which can be ftp.no-ip.com. Be sure to read the faq on no-ip.com.

frustrated

[OP]
Regulars
Nov 24, 2004
i know about that neo , however my ports are blocked , i ran servu & asked a frd to connect with the sify ip i got after getting connected. didnt work, the only conclusion i come to is my operator has blocked poers , this would well explain my low id on emule.can i ask my local cto as to why im firewalled < actually its all the users , & is he ansewrable to sify in that case ?