Does no one who work in Broadband companies love their jobs?

• Thread starter Thread starter itachi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,402

itachi

I got banned!
ISP
BSNL
VI
JIO
Many of the issues reported by everyone is just negligence and laziness on the part of the ISPs.

Like, how do they go to sleep knowing someone can't play poopg well because of latency? Joking but how can they go to sleep knowing someone's connection is down or the server/gateway performance is degrading? that someone's fiber optics box is messed up?

What are they even doing there? What is their mindset?

They dont get proper training, talking about the ground team which is responsible for maintenance. Also, they try to save money involved in feul.

ISPs do not tailor their home broadband offerings to a particular set of people. Accounting for everyone's requests or demands would be highly impractical. The service is just that..a generic offering fit for a residential purpose i.e. for families or individuals that use their connections for streaming/entertainment, education, communication & work mainly. With downloads i.e. P2P, gaming etc coming in next in the priority list.

Installation/cabling is done by 3rd party contractors and they are responsible for the repairs and maintenance. Airtel, TPBB and other providers just give them instructions when a complaint comes in. And for most employees, well, it's just another job. Do only what is necessary to keep the line manager/boss happy. I have met very, very few people who are customer centric and love their job for the right reasons.

They try to higher the cheapest workforce possible without any actual evaluation. Their training is the bare minimum, and even the employee themselves due to such extensive work hours and low wages, try to do the bare minimum day and day until they leave their jobs to find a new one for a slightly higher pay cheque.

Yes, this is the aspect where ISP's from Jio, Airtel to Excitel, ACT falls. But I consider Local providers like Excitel guys have more willingness to put efforts. As their team is small and anything can lead to their job suspension. They don't want that.