• Thread starter Thread starter ayuboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 5,424

ayuboy

Regular
ISP
MTNL
After reading a lot of complaints of low speed even by high speed broadband subscribers i started to think if MTNL follows TRAI regulations?

I came across some cases that many 256kbps users get speed upto 220kbps of download and some 256 users get about 30kbps.

Acording to TRAI notification the ISP should ensure that the co=ustumer should get a speed of 80% or more of the subscribed speed.

This was written in MTNL website.
Extract:"keeping the reasonable loading level in intra-network links upto ISP Node, the benchmark has been prescribed that service providers shall ensure the speed of Broadband connection is greater than 80% of the subscribed speed"

After going through speeds offered by MTNL i came to a conclusion that some lucky people enjoy real broadband and others have crappy speeds.

Keeping TRAI guidelines in mind ISP should Provide these minimum speeds in following subscribed speeds.

Subscribed Speed --> Speed to be received at
subscribers end.

256kbps --> 204.8kbps

512kbps --> 409.6kbps

1024kbps
or --> 819kbps
1mbps

2048kbps
or --> 1638.4kbps
2mbps

8192kbps
or --> 6553.6kbps
8mbps

Yeah... so? What do you want to say? MTNL guarantees 256kbps and says that the speeds could go upto 2mbps. And you wont find a single MTNL user who gets an average speed below 1mbps. And 256kbps (which MTNL guarantees) is definitely met by ALL the users. I think, in that perspective... MTNL rocks!

Yeah... so? What do you want to say? MTNL guarantees 256kbps and says that the speeds could go upto 2mbps. And you wont find a single MTNL user who gets an average speed below 1mbps. And 256kbps (which MTNL guarantees) is definitely met by ALL the users.

I think, in that perspective... MTNL rocks!

hey hey hey!!!
I have seen a lot of people who suffer from poor download speeds.
My neighbour used 512kbps@1gb and gets an average DL speed of 30kbps!!
hows thats your great MTNL?

and i use 256kbps_ul and 512@1gb in 2 diff lines i get 220kbps in 512kbps
and used to get the same in 256kbps but now i get 30kps!!

what i want to say is that : Lucky ones get good speeds others suffer.:hysterical:

@^^Well, maybe u have seen a lot of people getting poor speeds..there are a lot of members in this forum who use MTNL, and most of them r happy with mtnl..yes some get less speeds, but once they call GM or some higher officials their problem is solved.and yes..according to TRAI, ISP's must provide 80 percent of promised speed...im on a 256UL connection and get around 225 Kbps which is perfectly fine if u r going by TRAI's rule..well, if u r getting only 30 kbps( very unlikely) then u must have called the CC and registered a complaint on the first place.

ya I also get good speeds almost everytime. i get a speed of 1560 kpbs in peak hrs. sometimes i even get 1760kpbs!!!!I get a download speed of 220kpbs which is good!!!Why dont u call up CC at get it sorted out???Only when i was on 599 plan where u get 1 Gb download,by download speed used to be 14kbps or 16 kpbs.......

Some of us even get speeds beyond what we've paid for I've got no complaints:yahoo:

yes exactly!!..when i migrated from 749 NU to 256 UL, i will still provided around 1800Kbps for another three weeks.No one ISP will ever do that...Anyways for me MTNL is One of the most affordable and reliable ISP in Metro.

Maybe ayuboy is one of those distressed people who are not aware of how to get the best out of MTNL.... While using an ADSL line, there are several factors involved in getting the best speeds. @ayuboy: If you are a regular user of this forum, you would often come across terms like attenuation, SNR Ratios, etc. To get the best speeds, these factors need to be up to the mark. And the MTNL babus wont bother to check if these factors are upto the mark or not. Its upto us to tell them to rectify it.Before blindly criticizing MTNL, just check if you are doing everything right... Here I dont think even a single "regular IBF user" would complain to low MTNL speeds. And if you post your problems, we are always here to help you.

Sorrry guys if i did say something bad.but i just wanted to tell you guys that not all Users get high speeds like you guys.I used to get around 220kbps Dl but something happened and my Line Data Speed decreased to 256kbps UP and Down stream.Even complained to CC and my local GUY. No use.Still i wont give up until i get my speed back.It happens sometimes as someone said.

You didnt do anything bad, but u do not have enough points to justify your post since there are a lot of users using MTNL triband in this community and most of them will disagree with your post..and yes!! MTNL downgraded a few people to 256 kbps from 2mbps when they were starting to provide that IPTV thing.But once u complain, u will get ur speeds back.

I used to get around 220kbps Dl but something happened and my Line Data Speed decreased to 256kbps UP and Down stream.

U mean 220KBps download speed??

Ya i mean 220kbps download speed(actual)This i my second week of getting this Shi**y speed of 20kbps!!!I cant stand it anymore.I don't even get a good response!!what do i do?😢 help!

the problem is that the ISP's get away with this clause
http://202.159.230.232:8888/speed/speedtrai.htm
"speeds guaranteed upto MTNL servers"
the speed loss is attributed to line conditions, distance etc and so the b**tards get away with murder.
But personally in my area MTNL is the fastest,most stable,cheapest and best ISP i coudl ask for.If MTNL is a murderer sometimes, private playes are serial killers always.

your best option is to call the GM's secretary, his number was listed somewhere here by sanke some months ago, and tell her the docket numbers u have recieved from the CC

Probably if the get a call from the head office, the local exchange guys may work faster and even give you a new line:yahoo:

For me line cannot be a problem because i just changed my line(bought my own line) with a 10 pair copper cable.