does mtnl charge for uploads also?

• Thread starter Thread starter egghead
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,682

egghead

ISP
mtnl 849 nu
I have a 849 NU plan Mumbai. Does anyone know if MTNL charges only for download or for upload also? My usage data taken from mtnl site shows that mtnl takes only downloaded data into accounted mb. If so can i seed torrents throughout the day and impove my upl/dl ratio for torrents and not have mtnl bankrupt me by adding backdated usage at the end of the month

Uploads are free except for subscribers having userid 2*******@(like 22021111@);But still why to take a risk?; upload during night hours only; simultaneous uploads and downloads will not only increase ur ratio, but ur torrent DL speed will also be boosted up!

Yes, i believe uploads are free as of now.@ChinmayHi. Can you tell me whats a (2*******@) account?Hows it different from normal 2******* accounts?

For @a users, someone reported that on website it shows as counted but in ur bill its not counted. i.e. bill is based only on downloads

Amish, that is from this month. Till last month, @a users were billed even for uploads. 10 days back, they changed the interface, and now we have access to upload data as well as download data stats. Thus from this month, it is likely that @a users wont be charged for uploads.

oh ok, so shudnt they return the excess money or atleast in form of additional free MBs?

@a users are the ones who the using MTNL's new alcatel server. Nothing to do with second line and stuff.

yeah, my id too is a 2*******@a a/c. so that means only downloads count right. but they dont seem to have updated it on their tariff plan. knowing mtnl, wouldnt put it past them to switch back to charging for both u/ and d/l without any intimation. gotta watch it for atleast a month before taking the plunge.

is night usage free on mtnl? thats what i interpretted on someoones post here.
Depends on which plan you are in.