Does Jio use GPON or XGS-PON (10G) till their FAT box?

• Thread starter Thread starter havoc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 4,670
Nope @havoc , there are two jio fiber connections at my house, one was installed last year and one this year, old connection gives 142-144 mbps on 150Mbps plan and newer one gives 150-158 DL and 170+ Upload.

So what could be the reason? Newer connections are getting it... Does it change after recharging the old connection?

@havoc theres one difference, both are from different dp boxes. Yes even after recharging it gives more than promised speeds like airtel.

JioFiber uses Nokia 7360 ISAM FX-4 OLT on their backend inside towers. I found this info from this video:
Source Here's the datasheet of the product:
It says that the OLTs supports 8 10G PON with 2*100G ports for uplink per card

"Eight configurable 10Gb/s or 1Gb/s network
links"

So technically Jio is capable of providing 1Gig+ plans for fiber. That's awesome. If they announce multi gig plans this AGM that'll be awesome 😁.

At least it will bring down cost of 1Gig & below plans.

Thanks @AD2011 for sharing this.

After pan india 5G rollout, I guess ISPs should increase their broadband standards in the terms of speed.
Currently Jio base plan offers 30Mbps which can be easily achieved in 4G Internet too similarly for airtel 40Mbps plan, ISPs should give base plans of 100Mbps after 5G.

Exactly. In India base plan should be at least 100 Mbps. You know in nepal the base plan has now been 200 Mbps by the largest ISP. They are also upgrading their network to 10G Pon now & 25G PON by next year. I've read their press release. I mean wow. Indian ISP's should also go ahead and set base plan to 100 Mbps. If Jio will do it then everyone will follow it. Also if 2 Gig plan is introduced then 1 Gig will be cheaper or at least have more FUP.

One more thing. One of their leading ISP there has removed FUP from their plans. Which is just awesome awesome. Even though they purchase bandwidth from Tata & Airtel for 5$ per Mbps. They're still very cheap & ahead in terms of technology. I know many folks will say their population is less etc. Etc. But guys you also gotta factor in that their largest ISP only has 6.5 lakh subscribers which is same as excitel's. So they need to have more ARPU per user Still their 1 Gbps plan costs only 25K (INR) per year without 13% tax. Which is very awesome. I remember just one year ago they had max speeds of 100 Mbps. Now they are multi gig ready. That's some great advancements.

Things I want right now in Indian broadband sector.

1. No FUP (except some systems that will track any malicious behaviour like selling bandwidth etc.)
2. 1 Gig+ plans.
3. 100 Mbps as base plan from all ISP's including BSNL.

No, I want excitel to give me Gig+ speeds 🥱😂

Wow, you guys are lucky. I've heard your state has also started it's own fiber broadband Mission to connect every part of it. You guys are lucky.

Just checked the FUP. It's 8 TB for 400 Mbps plan. Really awesome to see such FUP with good pricing (same as other telcos). But more FUP makes it more awesome. If I had option to choose from Airtel, Jio & Kerela vision I would have gone for them. But for some reason I can't see plans higher then 400 Mbps on their site. If you have the plansheet can you share it here?