Does Jio STB work with new Non-OTT plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter Starman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 820
It should work. Just login to your own accounts when you first sign up on the apps on the STB. Although, if you already have a smart TV, or a Fire Stick or Android TV stick/box, I doubt that you will see any further advantage of using the Jio STB.

I asked the same question
It should work. Just login to your own accounts when you first sign up on the apps on the STB. Although, if you already have a smart TV, or a Fire Stick or Android TV stick/box, I doubt that you will see any further advantage of using the Jio STB.
I asked JioFiber sales executive if I can opt for Rs.399 plan and use OTT subscriptions bought through outside.

He says, I can use my existing subscriptions to netflix, Amazon prime, Hotstar etc, but for watching JioTV I should take Rs.999 plan or higher. In Jio Fiber plans too is it clearly mentioned OTT apps subscription is not available on Rs.399 & Rs.699 plans. So JioTV, JioTV+ may not be available on basic plans??

This is interesting. I have a STB unused since I didn't take the OTT plans.

Is there any app list for this STB? I'm basically looking to use my own Netflix, Hotstar, Prime & YouTube accounts on this.