Does God Exist?

There is a lot more behind atheism's rejection of the belief in God than just the problem of evil (or suffering in this case). The qualitites that are attributed to the God entity make it impossible for it to exist. God is all loving and perfectly good, and therein lies the antidote to your Barber story. Barbers haven't taken the onus of helping all the people with their facial hair problems. God has, of the good people at the very least, and even the bad ones should they repent. People don't look for him? God is omniscient. Barbers are not.
I think it should be evident which side I lean towards. If there is a God, it has the same effect on our lives as do the programmers who coded this simulated reality that we live in.

I started reading the thread from the 1 page to 3 page, them jumped to the final page and found it be the 328th :shocked:
328 pages of discussion on a topic proves it is endless.
For me God 'The Creator' could be an mighty alien but then again from where the aliens came into existence.
Even if god exists and 'it' have all the super powers then why 'it' is hiding from us and how the god came into existence.........ahhhh this is an infinity loop of coming into existence :numbness:
Our ancestors who could not understand the mysteries even still we have not, created the term 'God' who do justice to all, and the justice done by the god is always delayed, for all your sins you have to pay in the next janam

1 more thought came into my mind, there are some bacteria who start reproducing 100x faster time in space than they do on earth so assume after many year they would evolve and start thinking of us as god, so does that makes us god ?

ampli said:
1 more thought came into my mind, there are some bacteria who start reproducing 100x faster time in space than they do on earth so assume after many year they would evolve and start thinking of us as god, so does that makes us god ?
Wow! Forgive me but that seems like an exaggeration at best and an outright lie at worst. Could you please provide a source for that information?

I don't understand why people have such strong convictions about aliens creating us, when theories of Abiogenesis and Evolution are better much better models... I guess it's just they don't want to let go of their god(s). 😛

Gaara said:
Wow! Forgive me but that seems like an exaggeration at best and an outright lie at worst. Could you please provide a source for that information?
nasa took some bacteria i will provide you the link later bcoz i am using my on screen keyboard to type :shame: btw try searching that on google

Hi guys! Just joined this forum. Found it amusing to find this thread, coz I have created a thread with exactly this title on indian real estate forum. Don't know if it's been discussed before on this thread, too lazy to read 300 paves. Can someone who believes in God and Soul answer? 1. Do unicellular organisms have a soul? 2. If yes, do individual cells of a multicellular being have a separate soul? If no, what is the difference between a living cell and a dead cell?

Of course it does. For example if god exists as said in the books, we know what is moral, ethical way to live. If not we must try to figure out what can be considered moral or ethical.

And simply by itself its interesting to understand the nature of our existence etc etc.....