Does God Exist?

Samuel said:
If Jaymin has a different definition of God and you believe there is no God, as long as you both are not killing people because of that...I think it's socially acceptable. Don't become militants, just that.
I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the truth of such claims.
Samuel said:
You don't necessarily have to prove the existence of your personal God, as right from the tribal ages "they call em tribals", people have an urge to believe in the existence of a being more powerful than what they are, a super natural being. It's proven that there is an urge a social/personal need that makes them make a God for the sake of fulfilling it.
Just because there is a predisposition to believe in gods doesn't mean that gods exist.
Samuel said:
It seems that you don't have that urge and people in 21st century do not really have that either, but I don't understand one thing, whats up with the urge of debating subjects like God, when the entire concept sounds stupid in the first place, well maybe God has become a good topic to kill time, a need that gets you into talking about Him, well.
Freedom of speech. I'm merely voicing my opinion about the subject.
Samuel said:
What I said sounds nonsensical? Yeah, I know right!
Indeed.
Samuel said:
AFAIK, there have been many scientists and well known people who happened to be theist in one way or the other, so I don't really think a person should worry about being termed stupid for believing and following a God, it's just makes sense. I mean yeah the term Holy Rollers was invented for the same 🙂
AFAIK, there have been many scientists and well known people who happened to be atheists in one way or the other. So how do you decide which world view is an accurate or true?

Sheik Yerbouti said:
AFAIK, there have been many scientists and well known people who happened to be atheists in one way or the other. So how do you decide which world view is an accurate or true?
Well, the context was that people are not stupid sir as you said they are! If they are scientists and know so much, they are mature enough to take a stance to be an atheist or a theist.

Samuel said:
Well, the context was that people are not stupid sir as you said they are! If they are scientists and know so much, they are mature enough to take a stance to be an atheist or a theist.
That's not certain.

Samuel said:
Who decides that, you?
The last time I checked, I'm capable of making decisions. So why not? 😛In all seriousness though, humans are masters of having double standards. They can believe that the earth is round based on scientific evidence, and at the same time believe that the earth is 10000 yo because their holy book said so. They can live their life based on empirical evidence, but believe in God on the basis of faith. So yea, being a scientist doesn't guarantee they'll always make smart decisions.Besides, the whole point about scientists believing in god is fallacious. It's an appeal to authority. You're also adopting their thinking and their conclusions rather than thinking for yourself and coming to your own conclusions. Frankly, I expect better arguments.

Well, actually I was just thinking about your statement of calling people stupid as they think differently and they don't reach a common belief system.
You said, their is no common deifinition of God so the entire concept is not worth discussing and we won't reach a conclusion.
I say, humans think differently. Jaymin won't accept what I believe in and neither would I.
So, what makes you comment on the topic being not worthy enough to be discussed when the human just perceive things differently?
Stupid means; Lacking intelligence or common sense[color=rgb(33,33,33);font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:small;], [/color]right?
You think of people a bit too low, no comments on that. Your take on it.
I never said I follow this or that because certain scientists were also theist or atheist.
I am not arguing, am just talking, rather I was talking.
​You expect better arguments? I am sorry to disappoint, I don't argue.

Samuel said:
Well, actually I was just thinking about your statement of calling people stupid as they think differently and they don't reach a common belief system.
No. I think many(not all) people are stupid because they believe that a nonsensical concept like 'god' makes sense and that it's true. Prove to me that the concept of god make sense, and I'll change my opinion to think these people are smart.
Samuel said:
You said, their is no common deifinition of God so the entire concept is not worth discussing and we won't reach a conclusion.
I say, humans think differently. Jaymin won't accept what I believe in and neither would I.
So, what makes you comment on the topic being not worthy enough to be discussed when the human just perceive things differently?
Because human perception is fallible. It's prone to mistakes and being simply wrong. You may perceive god to be true. But that doesn't make it true. You and Jaymin may think differently and come up with different definitions of god. Fine. Now how do you confirm which definition is correct and true?
Samuel said:
Stupid means; Lacking intelligence or common sense[color=rgb(33,33,33);font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:small;], [/color]right?
You think of people a bit too low, no comments on that. Your take on it.
Right.
I think some people are low, and some are high.
Samuel said:
I never said I follow this or that because certain scientists were also theist or atheist.
Good. Then please don't bring up that point again.
Samuel said:
I am not arguing, am just talking, rather I was talking.
​You expect better arguments? I am sorry to disappoint, I don't argue.
:lol: You just did.

Hey that is really a nice explanation by customer. God exist and I believe God help those who help themselves. God is every where and seen by those who are true by heart.