Does God Exist?

uuuhummmhuuu!wellConsider the process of creation of Human Begin from the tiny drop of Sperm!!!What Could u give better example than this for Existance Of GOD??

I guess most of the people dont believe in Gob bec of the presence of thousands of so called Gods.

God is ONE, he is neither male nor female, he cannot be given birth nor can he die. He is the creator of the heavens and the earth, humans and other creatures. He cannot be compared to any human being or other creature bec he is the creator of all.

eg. when an engineer builds an VCR it does not mean he should become a VCR to know the instrument best, but he would build it and make an operational manual for using it. Same is with God, he has created us all...

There are many things which prove that God does exist, but its the mental block of people that take them away from God and they wont believe it untill its too late and they face God after death.

Originally posted by imranais@Jan 4 2006, 12:12 PM
There are many things which prove that God does exist, but its the mental block of people that take them away from God and they wont believe it untill its too late and they face God after death.
[snapback]38266[/snapback]
[/quote]
Would this be the same mental block that invented (and still continues to do so) cures for many of the then terminal diseases, the same block that allowed us to grow more food for an ever increasing population or the block that ulitmately put man on the moon.

lets be clear here 🙂

There is knowledge and there is faith. One is based on facts and is provable.

The other is based on conviction derived indirectly from experience or feeling.
Faith is belief without direct proof. Some people are more in tune with this sort of thing. Others are not, they don't feel it yet.

Both have their place in life. You could say it was an undying faith in one's abilities that led us to make the many discoveries & inventions we have today. But attributing to gods what we dont clearly understand yet is a mistake i feel.

Personally i think the relationships i have with people in this life is more important than what comes after. You break any of the *BIG* religous laws and it's not God you have to worry about but man. Since most major sins are already coded in law and carry stiff penalties. Karma

I have no way of knowing what happens after life, and neither does anybody else. I'll handle that one when i get to it 🙂 if there is such a thing.

^^ that post was like Matrix films all over again!...all 3 of them! 🙂basically i dont believe in anything...really...i mean common...u cant belive science eithor...i mean...just beacuse the bispectacled dood wearing a doctors coat in the lab says the sun is a white dwarf doesnt mean i have to belive him!x years ago ppl thought earth was flat,x years ago ppl thought that the atom was the smallest thing ever, how in the world do u expect to belive that what we are being taught isnt just one of them!long story cut short.....Our Existance is a Mistake...a fluke! i would like to quote a CHESSY Line!?!Quote Agent Smith:But, as you well know, appearances can be deceiving, which brings me back to the reason why we're here. We're not here because we're free. We're here because we're not free. There is no escaping reason; no denying purpose. Because as we both know, without purpose, we would not exist. "The purpose of life is to end." Amen!!

Originally posted by Cute@Jan 4 2006, 11:55 AM
uuuhummmhuuu!

well

Consider the process of creation of Human Begin from the tiny drop of
Sperm!!!

What Could u give better example than this for Existance Of GOD??
[snapback]38263[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well what about artificial cells then? Scientists are close to production of synthetic cells.

And IF and When they are able to create life artificially (a single cell to begin with), will you believe they (Biotech Engineers) are Gods?

For me, god does not exist. There are many reasons for the same. As for beliefs, people are free to believe whatever they want. I am not concerned with that. It is only when people put those beliefs into practice that problems occur. Throughout history, people have been massacred in the name of religion. And things are no different today (when I speak of religion, I also include the a-religious in that - communists, confirmed atheists all of them, have been responsible for as much bloodshed as any other religion, although not in some fight over religion).

God, to most people, is a supernatural entity concerned with the day-to-day affairs of mankind. The concept itself, according to me, is crazy. Any sufficiently advanced alien civilization (if you do believe in aliens) should be able to handle that with ease. If one says god is supreme, the question to be asked is who created god, coz every object has been created by some other object. That is the beauty of the concept of infinity. Superlatives cannot exist.

The problem with this question, as with most other subjective matters, is that there is no correct answer. If there were, the question would be irrelevant, would it not? Philosophers have struggled with this question for thousands of years. And have not found a satisfactory answer. There have been people like Immanuel Kant who says what we think is real is just our perception and not what is really real (sic) (my interpretation, you are free to have your own). So, do we really have the means to determine the existence of god? There are others who say all this is bullshit and that what we sense is what actually exists.

Although this is a very interesting topic of discussion, it can be debated for eternity without either party being satisfied. Any person desirous of having a serious debate on this matter should be prepared to study many theological and philosophical works in depth. Convincing some one to cross the line, although difficult, is not impossible. A believer might become a non-believer. But it is incredibly difficult to go the other way.

Although this thread is quite old, and the old timers have noted down their opinions on the matter, it would be interesting to see what the newer members have to say on this topic.

it is only when people put those beliefs into practice that problems occur.
i disagree with that.God never differntiates ppl based on their relegion
.It is just that fundemetalist on either side use them to propogate their own personal agenda.
who created god, coz every object has been created by some other object.
and abt remaining tricky questions i will answer them later.
signing off.
quite a few valid questions raised .this should be a good question for debate

"who created god"???

if god is not there we could have life on every planet, as some kindof stone hitting planet and life begins form it, i don't think its that much easy,and so many elements dose exist like water etc, is it so easy that its just a kind of coincidence that happened, and the suffring part we r some where responsible for it,i will give u a example on suffring and poverty , this eg is i think the very cause of poverty and suffring all over the world, its eg how poor become more poor, its a very serious, happening around and near youbut u will never know it even u know it u cannot change, only one think that can change is a proper dictatorship , democracy cannot help hear,eg, lets say in city there is a certain business run by 1000 various types of people, now one man comes forcibly and captures all the business run by 999 people,this one person will enjoy so much profit which would have been then divided by 999 people,so naturally with so much profit he will invest his money in other business, which would eventually bring less profits to other people,so the left 999 people will try to find different job or profession, now add growing population and corruption, to this vicious circle, and u will see the poor getting poor,that is because there is no proper balance of money in society, and how can we say that there is no god, when every thing is done by man alone, i think that if there r 50% bad people in world there r 50% good people on whom the world is dependent or else when the figure declines the dooms day is not far.

No use really debating on this topic as the discussion will be endless. Let people stay alive and die so with their own beliefs or prove otherwise with highly concrete examples(which, again is impossible). Until then, I do believe in God and whoever doesn't, I completely understand their reasons not to and, moreover, respect their opinion. 😀

"who created god?"

I swear on God, I didn't do it. 😛
there can not be any conclusive answer to this question .The puzzle is similar to who came first "chicken or egg".
it is faith that drives me to god .when i feel lonely or down i converse with god .it lifts me up.

What come before one? Nothing(zero) becoz everything start from one. So who created god? ....... No one Becoz everything starts from god.:yahoo: