Does Fivenet Charge for DC++

• Thread starter Thread starter vinsan116
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 5,818

vinsan116

ISP
FiveNetwork
Hello All,I Stay at Prabhadevi using Net9 Online(Local Service Provider) who is a Channel partner of Fivenet.My Plan is 1Mbps Unlimited for which i pay 660/- pm.This month onwards Net9Online is charging me 100 Rs extra for DC++(Popeye HUB).when i coordinated with Net9Online he says Fivenet is charging us and hence we are charging users,called up Fivenet for confirming the same,Fivenet says we dont charge anything to any user for DC++ and you can get in touch with your local provider ie Net9Online.As per my knowledge.....DC++(Popeye HUB) is free and since mine is a Unlimited 1 Mbps plan...he should not charge me for the same.Request you all to please help me regarding this.Also tell me whether in other areas are the Local service providers charging extra for DC++(Popeye HUB)Guys 63 veiws and no reply!!!!Please help guys!!!!

dc++ is free. U shudn't be paying for it.

It may be that Net9Online is trying to charge for the increased bandwidth usage of customers utilizing DC++ on top of their existing charges for infrastructure and such. It may be such that Net9Online doesn't buy enough capacity from Fivenet itself to support their customer's usage of DC++ and so with the upgrade in capacity they're probably trying to figure out ways to recoup that cost so that they can continue to pay their bills.

It may be that Net9Online is trying to charge for the increased bandwidth usage of customers utilizing DC++ on top of their existing charges for infrastructure and such.

It may be such that Net9Online doesn't buy enough capacity from Fivenet itself to support their customer's usage of DC++ and so with the upgrade in capacity they're probably trying to figure out ways to recoup that cost so that they can continue to pay their bills.
But..its not fair right!? i mean its net9online's job to buy sufficient B/w from fivenet?

But..its not fair right!? i mean its net9online's job to buy sufficient B/w from fivenet?

Correct, but maybe doing that will force them to increase their tariffs. At 660/month for 1mbit/s unlimited they may have priced themselves in to a corner. I don't know, I can only speculate.

But the popeye hub is lan based. So they don't exactly have to pay for that bandwidth. (outsiders are not allowed in the hub)

But the popeye hub is lan based. So they don't exactly have to pay for that bandwidth. (outsiders are not allowed in the hub)

It's LAN-based on the Fivenet network, but it's not about the bandwidth that takes the data to the rest of the Internet, it's about the overall capacity between Net9Online and Fivenet.

Net9Online buys a line, say, 1gbit/s, from Fivenet, which is supposed to handle all traffic (whether it's Internet-bound or just DC++ traffic). If they're noticing that DC++ usage is causing them to be running at near-capacity, then they need to add another 1gbit/s line to handle all the traffic. As a result, they'll have to pay more money to Fivenet for that 2nd gigabit line and if they're not making enough money to cover that second line because their prices are too low or whatever, then this is a problem!

Again, I'm only speculating, but I'm sure you can see where the issue may be sitting.

It's LAN-based on the Fivenet network, but it's not about the bandwidth that takes the data to the rest of the Internet, it's about the overall capacity between Net9Online and Fivenet.

Net9Online buys a line, say, 1gbit/s, from Fivenet, which is supposed to handle all traffic (whether it's Internet-bound or just DC++ traffic). If they're noticing that DC++ usage is causing them to be running at near-capacity, then they need to add another 1gbit/s line to handle all the traffic. As a result, they'll have to pay more money to Fivenet for that 2nd gigabit line and if they're not making enough money to cover that second line because their prices are too low or whatever, then this is a problem!

Again, I'm only speculating, but I'm sure you can see where the issue may be sitting.

Thanks for the help and the info!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should i pay him or not ? is the last question

Thanks for the help and the info!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should i pay him or not ? is the last question

No. This behaviour should be discouraged. Tell him that you've spoken to Fivenet and they've informed that they're not charging for DC++ and that you're calling him on his BS.

If your ISP holds monopoly in your area like my ISP in navi mumbai, then you have no alternative but pay whatever extra amount they demand. otherwise they will terminate your connection.

yes they do hold monopoly in our area......coz they r the only one in our area who is a channel partner of 5net

i stay at peddar road and ahura broadband the channel partner here charges Rs100 extra for DC++ plans and plus he says tht if u get DC it wont support Wi-Fi bt tht can be solved thru port forwarding