Does BSNL or Asianet FTTH support Huawei HG8145v5 GPON ONT?

• Thread starter Thread starter ganeshr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 20,508
ISP
BSNL
BSNL has outsourced their internet connection contracts to local cable providers and Asianet is currently handling BSNL's FTTH service.

They were trying to sell me Genexis FTTH wifi router and I think it would be better to get the router from another brand, which will be compatible with BSNL. Due to the pandemic situation most of the FTTH devices are sold out and I was able to find a vendor who is selling Huawei HG8145v5 router (GPON ONT). The vendor says that BSNL FTTH Huawei HG8145v5 works well with BSNL but since Asianet is handling their network, I am quite not sure whether I can use Huawei HG8145v5 router or not.

I am sure that the Asianet guy is withholding things from me as I am not interested in buying the device they supply. He is saying that he can't confirm whether Huawei HG8145v5 router will work or not until they check it. Earlier, I was told that I can buy any modem which has FTTH support, GPON and ONT (for VOIP). Now he is raising questions about Huawei router's compatibility on Asianet network.

Should I proceed with buying the Huawei device? Netlink, Syrotech ONTs are out of stock everywhere.

Last edited:
i am also in a same situation , my cable operator told me to buy modem from him which is 2600 and is from same OLT which he uses.Now i am confused if you select your modem please tell me which one i should go with!

Upvote 0
hey..I tried the exact same modem @ganeshr mentioned..In my case the modem is manufactured for airtel ftth and has airtel's firmware.
But I tried bsnl ftth and only the VOIP got configured and internet didnt! i tried hard to find fresh firmware to unlock the modem but it isnt available online.If anyone has idea to unlock modem let me know.Thanks

Any luck as having same issue

Upvote 0
hey..I tried the exact same modem @ganeshr mentioned..In my case the modem is manufactured for airtel ftth and has airtel's firmware.
But I tried bsnl ftth and only the VOIP got configured and internet didnt! i tried hard to find fresh firmware to unlock the modem but it isnt available online.If anyone has idea to unlock modem let me know.Thanks
So, did you find anything yet to unlock it ?

Upvote 0
Please share the screenshot how you were sucessfully able to configure VOIP & use voice services. My vendor says your Huawei ont is not supporting Voice services.

Upvote 0
Hi, I've been following this thread for quite a while since I also had got an Huawei HG8145v5 GPON ONT Airtel from a friend of mine and was planning to set it up for my Asianet FTTH connection here in Kottayam. I was able to successfully get it connected for Internet usage with the help of my ISP. All i did was the below:
1) I got the Huawei HG8145v5 GPON ONT Airtel from my friend via courier.
2) I called my ISP. He came home set up the WAN attributes, took a picture of the MAC,S/NO of the router and went back to his office.
3) At his office, on his Asianet admin portal, my internet line triggered a request for connectivity from the newly setup router for which he had to validate the incoming using MAC, S/No. and approve the request.
4) The moment he approved the request, my internet was up and running and rendered the same speeds as promised (in my case 100 Mbps.

Hope it helps for folks who've commented stating they're unable to use it/their ISP denied the usage stating carrier lock.

Upvote 0