Does anyone know about Electric vehicles(4-Wheeler)?Does anyone have contacts in Tata Motors?

Have seen many Tata EV's(with green number plate) on road.... don't know which model.... nor do have any first hand experience but I think there will be many options in 2021...

Own a Nexon EV, if u have under 200KM running per days and can afford around 15L take the plung. There are people who have driven delhi - mumbai, bangalore - Kanyakumari without issues. Being tata there are niggles but not show stoppers. Plz search Twitter for Nexon EV owner group, Tesla india , plug n go etc these will help u connect with other people nearby you...

30 units charging in a go gives 200KM run. Speed is good (maxed to 120km per hour), acceleration is good. Service is just 2-3K a service as there are no engine oil etc to change. It has 1 gear only so like automatic. You get free registration, 1.5L subsidy from delhi govt (for lower and mid variant), and income tax benefit for loan. It takes 8-10 hours to charge (over night) at home. For fast chargers it charges in 1-1.5 hours from 20 to 80 percent.

what else u want to know would be happy to share.

@amit_arya Wanted to know about the ground reality of charging stations in Delhi and the fast charging capabilities.
What is the cost of getting a fast charger installed?

Tata is giving a home charger free with vehicle. There are multiple apps available. Currently Tata Power chargers are free and multiple service centers have free charging. Tata Power has installed for MG as well. You can search for charging location on Google maps , rechage India, EESL, tata Power app etc. Tata Nexon have CCS2 charger similar to Kona and MG however this is different than Tesla /Tigor etc.

If u r going towards jaipur then 32 milestore have last fast charger. One near KFC is about to go live.

Haridwar side you will get last charger at ghaziabad.

Karnal have a fast charger (it is private so need to call). Chandigarh have a fast charger. Elante mall chd have a slow charger.

Delhi - westisde Lajpat Nagar, treo safderjang have a fast charger.

Agra - MG rshowroom have a fast charger.

There are multiple more. Some of them charge you high Rs. 20 per unit..making running cost similar to CNG but a home slow charge is best for both car and expense. Till now I did not required to fast charge the car yet.
Fellow colleagues have manager to drive from GGN to Chandigarh and Noida to Dehradun in a single charge.

Let me know if u want further details. Its a great city car. Government has plans to roll out 60K+ charging stations (all petrol pumps) soon.

There are a lot of companies setting up Charging infra and I think in next 1-2 years intercity trips would not need detailed planning as required now.

Btw, car has 8 years warrenty on battery and motor. Other parts have standard 3 years warrenty.

A fast charger is 25KW (normal houses usually have under 5KW load) and the charger costs multiple lakhs. So getting your own fast charger does not make sense. Home charger is around 3KW and works of normal 16AMP plug and ok. The home charger costs INR 27K if u want to buy one but since it is portable we keep it in our trunk.

Last edited:
Have seen many Tata EV's(with green number plate) on road.... don't know which model.... nor do have any first hand experience but I think there will be many options in 2021...

I live in tier-2 city of Maharashtra. There are very few vehicles on Road with Green number plate. Most of them are 2-wheelers from Hero. I have seen few MG ZS EV. But as of now no one has posted ownership review.

Own a Nexon EV, if u have under 200KM running per days and can afford around 15L take the plung. There are people who have driven delhi - mumbai, bangalore - Kanyakumari without issues. Being tata there are niggles but not show stoppers. Plz search Twitter for Nexon EV owner group, Tesla india , plug n go etc these will help u connect with other people nearby you...

Thank You very much. I loved nexon EV. But specifically looking for Premium Hatchback. I heard Altroz EV will launch by March 2021. So I’ll wait.

30 units charging in a go gives 200KM run.
Is it same for with or without AC.
What is total time taken for full charge?
How much power(units) is consumed for full charge?
And what is the total distance we can cover with a full charge?
And does the battery discharge, if do not use it for some time a week or a month?

For fast chargers it charges in 1-1.5 hours from 20 to 80 percent.
This does not seem good vis a vis petrol/ diesel car, you just refuel in 5/7mins at Fuel station and go.

Last edited: