Does Airtel use MAC binding ?

• Thread starter Thread starter shrapnel
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 4,639

shrapnel

ISP
Airtel Unlimited 1499
Hi Does airtel use MAC(machine) Binding ? That is, only 1 PC can connect using a Sify connection and no other.I bought a laptop recently and Sify requires that I get another connection to use it, apart from the one I am already using for my desktop.Hence, my question to airtel broadband users.shrapnel

Nah, nothin of that sort. As long as you have a switch/hub or a wireless router, it won't be a problem.

sify does not use a telephone line! airtel uses telephone connection for validation i guess.

Sify doesn't use any Internationally recognized standard of Internet providing, Airtel on the other hand does, it is called DSL. 😛

errm... yeah well that is a form of a network, ISPs world wide provide over DSL(POTS), DOCSIS(Coax Cable) or Fiber, those are standard forms. Sify provides it over CAT5 wire from the PC to the pole and then from there it is further CAT5 with signal boosters to your local CTO, that doesn't fit any "standard" does it? 😛

errm... yeah well that is a form of a network, ISPs world wide provide over DSL(POTS), DOCSIS(Coax Cable) or Fiber, those are standard forms. Sify provides it over CAT5 wire from the PC to the pole and then from there it is further CAT5 with signal boosters to your local CTO, that doesn't fit any "standard" does it?
Whatever🙄 .....What I DO know is that I am very pleased with my Sify 256 kbps unlimited connection and get very good download speeds with it..... only problem is the MAC binding thing. Anyway, methinks I've found a hack for it in the Sify broadband users forum.... will try it soon.
Thanx
shrapnel

As far as I know Sify gives away connection from nearest Cyber cafe. Worst provider & U can do anything in their network 🙂