Does airtel provide router with gigabit LAN port ?

• Thread starter Thread starter droid
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 8,115
Hi,
i have taken airtel 100mbps ftth connection in bangalore and airtel has provided D-Link 816 ,100mbps router because of which i am getting speeds up to 95mbps.if i connect it to computer directly ,i am getting 110-120mbps.can i ask airtel to provide a gigabit router ? will they provide it ?

gigabit routers mean that the lan ports support gigabit not wireless ports afaik 😕

ah you mean you are getting 110mbps when you skip the router. i thought you were getting slower speeds through wifi.
anyways. my uncle got a technicolor router from them which i believe has gigabit ports. but i do not think you have a choice unless they have stock available. airtel tends to give what they have at the moment and that changes on a regular basis i guess.

Have raised a complaint, let's see what happens, no money to buy new router now . Already paid 3 months advance to get installation free

why not just get a model of your own choice from the market? ftth requires expensive routers? you said you were able to connect directly so i am guessing any router with pppoe support would work?

Have raised a complaint, let's see what happens, no money to buy new router now . Already paid 3 months advance to get installation free

I also registered for an Airtel connection today only, not Fiber but V-Fiber broadband. The guy told me i wouldn't have to pay installation fee if i paid 3 months in advance, i went for just paying the 500 bucks of installation fee cause i didn't wanna pay Airtel in advance without having used the service for at least a month or two. Anyway, i called the sales guy a few hours later cause i read here on the forums that Airtel also gives choice of paying the installation fees 100 bucks a month with your first 5 bills, the guy told me that they don't do that anymore BUT the 500 bucks i gave him for installation will get cut 100 bucks a time in the first 5 bills making installation basically free. Idk why he didn't tell me this detail earlier when he came to my home but you should ask them for this offer, no need to pay 3 months in advance.

thewhitewollf ,for me also they told they will refund 500 in 5 bill cycles but for ftth i have to pay 1500 installtion charge ,so effectively i have to pay 1k installation

@droid Even I'm waiting for airtel ftth (after giving up on 10g who didn't come to install at all). I was told that there is a 500 activation charge and no installation charges. And 500 will be waived off if I pay for 3 months or more.

Oh, you're from ags layout as well ? . i was told that installation charge is 1500rs if i don't pay for 3 months or more . Seems like they have different offers for each customer x'Dx'D

Had raised a complaint , no concrete response from Airtel. Every time i call they say it'll be resolved tomorrow