does airtel overcharge its customers?

• Thread starter Thread starter Abhi1136
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3,678
ISP
airtel
I am using airtel broadband in Gurgaon sector 40. I am on the 1199 60gb plan currently but the bill for this month comes out to be Rs. 1575.
till last month i was subscribed to the 1299 plan of 35 gb fup and my bill came up to be Rs.1680.
I wonder whether airtel overcharges its customers.

the plan has complete details of charges. read them. it's not complicated.

check the bill. airtel give details of all charges. post a copy of the bill if it's confusing.

There always has been service tax, for every single operator. You can also expect the service tax to go up by anything between 3-10 percentage points once GST is implemented. 🙁

No Service Tax... Thats simply not possible - Maybe BBNL used to bundle the price including Service Tax. If not, well .. I am not sure if its your concern anyway.

Coming back to your bill. 1299 plan would attract 195 service tax not more. A 376 service tax would be for a 2500 plan.

Will it be possible to blur personal info & post a copy of the bill. Maybe Smartbyes ? Maybe Additional Charges for Modem? Maybe charges for calls/Unlimited calls topup?

PPL in j&k don't pay service tax yet enjoy the max subsidy.

Airtel tariff does not include tax so your total will be 1199+15% = 1379. You have been charged Rs 196 more. If it is a new connection you might be subscribed by default to additional paid services like PC Secure. Till you request them to disable it permanently they will keep charging you extra for it.

If you got your plan changed during the middle of a cycle, you are charged on pro-rata basis. You really should post a pdf copy of the bill if you still have doubts.

skltuc.png

yup. you got charged for two different plans in the month so the final bill is higher than the cheaper plan you selected.
assuming you did pay for 1GB smartbyte add-on, it seems alright to me.