Does Airtel Offer Broadband Services Through Resellers?

• Thread starter Thread starter burnz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 7,661

burnz

i've been on the hunt for a new broadband provider and was previously told that Airtel has not reached my area.today, i found a phone & DSL tariff plan posted on the notice board in my apt building lobby... service was provided by a company by the name of Bharati Telecom (is it a typo? Airtel is under Bharti Telecom. or is this Bharati Telecom a reseller?)... called up the contact no. provided and the guy said the connection is provided by Airtel... i was like woohoo!! airtel is finally there... then i asked abt the 256k unlimited broadband plan, and he mentioned it would cost 2.5k rupees.. WTF??!!!last i checked, Airtel's website listed the 256k unlimited plan as 999 rupees per mth... so my question is, is it possible that Airtel works through resellers/franchisees who hike up the tariffs?? i was under the impression that Airtel provides the connections directly... hmmm....btw, i live in mumbai... bandra specifically... anyone living in the area using Airtel had a similar experience??

people can surely get a dedicated leased line sort of a thing to run their own local ISP operations. that does not mean he would be selling them at par with airtel. and that does not even mean that they are representing bharti or airtel in any way.

no. airtel doesn't work through any franchisees. they lay their own cables. they have their own local loop and they sell it directly to customers. you can ask Airtel helpline ( 4444 1213?? ) if they're providing services in your building.

QUOTE(max @ Nov 23 2006, 10:19 PM) [snapback]69508[/snapback]
no. airtel doesn't work through any franchisees. they lay their own cables. they have their own local loop and they sell it directly to customers. you can ask Airtel helpline ( 4444 1213?? ) if they're providing services in your building.
[/b]

Ask Airtel on 01294444555 which franchisee is providing Airtel landline connection in Gopi Colony (Old Faridabad). That will clear all doubts. I have AMC of them. If still dont find i will provide you direct number. 😉

Rohan., franchisee for wiring and maintenence is totally different from a reseller. The brand REMAINS airtel. AIRTEL bills you. Airtel attends to your complaints.. Airtel is legally responsible. Franchisee is someone who just looks after the local cabling and stuff... Read what the OP has written.