Does Airtel- HD transmission Work?

• Thread starter Thread starter bigbuddy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,421

bigbuddy

ISP
Airtel
Hello all,Got a query. I have a Acer B273H LCD monitor. It supports full HD. I got a Airtel HD set-top box with a HDMI port. So I use the monitor as a PC monitor as well as a TV. And it works.I subscribed to National Geographic - HD, which currently is the only HD channel. But the problem is that I dont get a 1080i resolution. Instead everytime I go inside the settings of the HD set top box and set it to 1080i, it stays black for sometime and then bounces back to 576i(which is the least resolution supported by the Set top box).On asking the Service engineer, he says that full HD service is yet to be live, and that it would be enabled only in Jan. And he mentioned it is the same with everyone. Am lost here.Can someone tell me, if am being a made a fool of. Could someone confirm that they are able to view full HD resolution using their Set top box?

First of all they provide only one channel and that too provide it in the lowest resolution 576i its a rip off other providers are providing 1080i.

my box works fine with a 1080i output. however its a bummer that there only one HD channel. check if your monitor supports 1080i input. try the 720p option on your setop box and see if that works.

Does this mean you can select the resolution at which you want to watch the HD programme in your STB?