Does Airtel FUP include data downloaded during night?

• Thread starter Thread starter pudu123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 2,810

pudu123

Regular
ISP
Airtel Xtreme 40Mbps
Can anyone confirm that the data counted in FUP include data transferred during night also?I.e. if I transfer 5 GB during night will that be included while calculating FUP?Also, does the speed limit that comes into effect after FUP is crossed apply during night as well?

yes FUP is counted and active 24 hours

I'm not so sure. My account says I've used 12 gb data in 2 weeks. I'm pretty sure I've used almost twice that data in 2 weeks. Are you sure FUP is counted during night as well?

Yes, every byte of data sent and received is counted 24 x 7.The 256 kbps speed limit post FUP will be on day and night.If your account shows less consumption than what you used this month, it might be due to Airtel internet usage tracking system being down at some point. But, don't expect this to happen every month.

We seem to be going backwards as the years progress in Indian broadband. 15 GB FUP is a joke in this era of video streaming & cloud computing. The sucky part is I can't migrate to MTNL as IPTV is used by my family & they won't shift to traditional tv after experiencing timeshift. 🙁I am Fu#%}d!!

If ur in FUPed plan always keep a track of ur usage instead of making assumptions.
My usage in DU Meter app

We seem to be going backwards as the years progress in Indian broadband.

15 GB FUP is a joke in this era of video streaming & cloud computing.

The sucky part is I can't migrate to MTNL as IPTV is used by my family & they won't shift to traditional tv after experiencing timeshift. 🙁

I am Fu#%}d!!

Airtel has a plan with 150GB FUP. You decided to go for a plan with 15GB usage. 😕

I was automatically downgraded to 15 GB FUP. I did not choose it. There was supposed to be no FUP when I subscribed to the 1299 IPTV magic plan 2 years ago. I am assuming this 150 GB FUP costs a lot more than 1299+taxes

If ur in FUPed plan always keep a track of ur usage instead of making assumptions.
My usage in DU Meter app

Is there a similar app for OSX?

well yeah. it would cost i believe 2099+300+taxes...

probably the only reason why i discarded iptv and switched to a broadband only plan.

airtel does not want to serve me. so i decide to not take their iptv services.

would kick them out as soon as i find an alternative. there is no use complaining. the company is hopeless. does not want us.

----------

try Codebox Software - BitMeter OS - Downloads

It depends on your usage. Airtel has plans that offer 75 GB & 150 GB high speed data beyond which the speed will decrease to 256 KBPS.1 mbps / 75 GB : Rs. 1499 /-2 mbps / 75 GB : Rs. 1599 /-4 mbps / 75 GB : Rs. 1699 /-2 mbps / 150 GB : Rs. 1999 /-4 mbps / 150 GB : Rs. 2099 /-Voice charges & taxes extra.

The 1499 plan with 75 GB is reasonable, I guess. I really wish Airtel had been more generous with their FUP on their IPTV plans. 15 GB is just ridiculous. They are just telling their users to disconnect IPTV plans.