Does Airtel count Upload in FUP?

• Thread starter Thread starter link.king
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 8,981

link.king

ISP
Same As You!
Well, just wanted to know whether Airtel counts upload as well, as BSNL does or no??In case you're wondering why haven't I concluded already by looking at my online stats, that's because I have only recently applied for the service, but my current month's total transfer has crossed 12GBs (Both directions). So i'm really worried about my bill now?? 😢

yeah. if you are on a limited data plan, uploads are counted.

you should consider switching to one of the unlimited plans. make no sense going for limited data plans... if you just consume 12GB in a month!

I just sent the request to switch to the 2222UL plan!But once again are you sure they are counted?? :wall:

😛 i think only MTNL in india does not count uploads. which is very unusual coz uploading is more expensive to ISPs compared to downloading...

That's one thing good about MTNL though! What's happened has happened! Huh...once the switch is completed hope I don't have to keep a closer watch!But why do you say upload costs more to ISPs??

i think i read it somewhere. uploads are more expensive on international gateways...

heh what ideas. its common sense. makes no sense that uploads are free on mtnl!

Hmmm...I'll give it a try on gooogle..let me see what opens up!But if I may ask one more thing....the billing cycle I was told by the CC Execs. begins on 25th of every month?? :ashamed:

with airtel things are cool.just call them after 2-3 days and confirm if you have been moved to the new plan.they would move you to the new plan between the billing cycle and charge you by dividing the number of days u use each plan. though you cannot change you plan more than once in a billing cycle.

Arre, i said dont tell MTNL that they are the only ISP that do not count uploads ...........they might start doing the same.

heh i dont think its that big of a secret. it's would be a big blunder on MTNL's part if their software is configured wrong for all this time to not calculate uploads in data transfer... esp when BSNL does charge for it.MTNL site mentions this specifically on their website that uploads are free?

with airtel things are cool.

just call them after 2-3 days and confirm if you have been moved to the new plan.

they would move you to the new plan between the billing cycle and charge you by dividing the number of days u use each plan.

though you cannot change you plan more than once in a billing cycle.

Yep..that's true things are quite simple & fast with Airtel.

Yes..I was indeed informed by the CC that its on Pro rata basis!

Appreciate the help guys!