Documents needed for RMA return to USA

• Thread starter Thread starter panks21
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 709
ISP
Airtel Static IP
ACT Broadband
I was using a Ubiquiti USG which went faulty this morning. I raised an RMA request with the UI support portal which was instantly approved as the devices is still under warranty. However, they are expecting me to ship the faulty device to USA address even though I purchased it from Ubiquiti India Store.
I am planning to send it via India Post and need help with following

1) What documents I need to give along with the faulty device
2) In their approval email, they have mentioned --
"If shipping internationally, you must declare the shipment as no commercial value/returned for repair to avoid incurring import fees. If this is not done, the shipment will be refused or delayed"
Where do I declare this?? Is there a form I need to fill along with the shipment??
3) Any other process, I need to take care

If you bought from Ubiquiti India store, then that doesn't make sense. Did you check with them about you buying it from the official india store and returning to USA and getting a replacement from USA would have lot of added expenses.

While raising ticket for RMA, there was no option to specify the country of purchase. I am also not able to find any customer care number or email of Ubiquiti India

I see, maybe open a support ticket or something referencing the RMA number. Returning a product purchased from the official India store to US doesn't make sense whatsoever.

You could try Twitter as well to get the issue escalated. I'm thinking this is just a technical issue.

@varkey Post few followups, I got response from the support team of Ubiquiti. They confirmed that there are no return centers in India. Along with the email, they gave me prepaid label for the UPS which can be used to send the shipment to US
Can you tell me how to use the prepaid label??

@panks21 Did you get a packing slip or RMA slip or something from Ubiquiti? You might be able to schedule a pickup with UPS - Schedule a Parcel Collection | UPS - India

Also, maybe reach out to UPS customer care, they might be able to advise on the necessary documentation which you can ask Ubiquiti to provide if its not something you already have.

However I am surprised that Ubiquiti India store doesn't have a return centre in India. :O

Yes. the RMA slip was created as soon as I opened the RMA ticket.
I will connect with the UPS customer care. I am assuming I don't have to pay anything now.

I am surprised too for the non availability of the return center in India. I guess since I purchased it directly from their store, the returns are not available, however if I would have purchased it from one of their local distributors, then I could have returned it to the distributor.

Following is content of their email

Code:
UI Team (Ubiquiti Help Center)

May 26, 2021, 22:18 UTC

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, we do not have a return center located in India. Please see attached prepaid label.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Best,

UI Team
Ubiquiti Inc.