MTNL Mumbai Do Youtube videos buffer fast on MTNL Triband?

• Thread starter Thread starter GameTanx
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,575

GameTanx

ISP
Vortex Netsol
I'm planning to go for MTNL Triband because the local cablenet, which i used for 2 years, is not available at my new home. 🙁
Do you have to wait for Youtube videos to buffer? Or do they start playing straight away?
On my cablenet, i didnt had to wait for buffering, videos started playing instantly.
So how is MTNL Triband's performance in this regard?
Please reply.

Take the 8mbps plan to play 1080p without lag.

One Time Line bonding CPE Upfront Charges : Rs 4000/- :sweating:
Are the 8 Mbps plans available all over Mumbai?
How do the 2 Mbps plans perform on Youtube?
And i'm 6-7 Kms away from MTNL Exchange.

One Time Line bonding CPE Upfront Charges : Rs 4000/- :sweating:
Are the 8 Mbps plans available all over Mumbai?
How do the 2 Mbps plans perform on Youtube?
And i'm 6-7 Kms away from MTNL Exchange.
Meet the 'tri-band' engineer at MTNL, there are no bonding charges. The bonding charges was something they started when they introduced the 8mbps plan to give over the present infra, as only bonding will give the customer 8mbps beyond 5-6km.
Later it didn't work out well as the installation was getting expensive for them. So they have dropped the bonding thing and just stopped giving 8mbps to everyone

That being said I stay far away more than 5-6km from exchange, I met the guys at MTNL and told me I would like to have the plan even if they cannot guarantee 8mbps. They warned me I won't get 8mbps even if I am paying. I said I understand and now I get anywhere between 7-7.5mbps. And I am fine with this arrangement.

So ya 8mbps is all over Mumbai but they are hesitant to give it as they cannot guarantee 8mbps anymore w/o bonding, and they don't want to do bonding. So talk to them and get it if you are fine with losing a bit of speed. 😉

I am on 700kbps plan and youtube videos play immediately (but i keep it to 360p)

Initial delay may be just few seconds and then videos play well.

However in most cases - I download the videos and see later when free.

Thanks for making it clear demonicult, but is your connection stable at 7-7.5 mbps? No disconnections?
And thanks for replying guys.

Thanks for making it clear demonicult, but is your connection stable at 7-7.5 mbps? No disconnections?
And thanks for replying guys.
Yup very much stable. Hardly face any disconnections ( unless its the MTNL-wide issue )
My connection probably reconnects every 6-8hrs or so but that is a minor and takes <1min to reconnect back. That is probably because of the dynamic IP. But that has always been the case for me from the time I got tri band about 7 years ago.

Just out of curiosity, can you please post your SNR Margin, Line Attenuation and other stats?
I'm interested to see how your connection is stable despite being far from the MTNL Exchange.