Do not take Hathway in Bangalore !!

ISP
Hathway
It's a sincere request to all new customers looking for Hathway broadband in Bangalore.Kindly do not make this mistake.

I'm a resident of Jayanagar , and was prety exited to get the Hathway 50 Mbps broadband, but the last six months of the service has been a hellish experience with their customer care and horrible connectivity. First of all unlike act Hathway off claims 50 Mbps speeds but they offer only 50 Mbps download where as the upload never exceeds 5mbps, act provides 1:1 for upload and download. Problem is not just with my connection but my neighbors too and all of us are getiing it disconnected. I have placed over 35 complaints in the past two months, the only reason we continues was because we had paid upfront for three months.

I first started having problems after the first few weeks, the upload speeds on the connection would drop to 0.1-0.25, making it imposible to browse. I placed repeated complaints with the call centre and the problem would only recur the very next day, after this happened a 5-6 times, I tried to contact their nodal officer and appellate officer,
First of all their nodal officer is completely useless, he/she doesn't respond to your email or take any steps to solve your problem. All you get is an email saying it has been assigned to the appropriate team.

The appellate officer called back and said it would be resolved but never has been till today.

The local technicians are completely useless , every time I placed a complaint I asked that the technician be sent over ; even after more than 20 such requests he did not turn up.

The staff have no fear of any senior in their company, and I even over beard one of their line man once say that he was not gonna attend to a customer for the next 2 days as he was rude to him in the past.

My sincere request do not go for Hathway.

Completely agree with this. I am still in my second month of the first 3 months and my downtime is over 75%. The Customer Care is a joke, so is the Nodal and Appellate Authority. BTW I live in Sadanand Nagar (NGEF). There is no way I am extending my contract.

very true! completely agree with every bit of your statement there! pathetic customer service.. i am using it in domlur, and exactly same attitude of their customer service. i even posted to their fb page.. nothing improved!! i need to change my broadband right away. can someone please suggest me what is the best isp in domlur, bangalore? Airtel is out of question as they do not have connectivity in my street. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.