Do Away With Packages!

• Thread starter Thread starter travelmate
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,116

travelmate

ISP
Asianet
Will it not be best if they did away with all these so called packages and allow the subscriber to choose what he wants to see. Keep a minimum number of channels that he has to pick and leave it at that. They can charge Rs 5 per channel and then I could pick anything from 20 to 200 if available and I had the money to pay for it. We all know that nobody watches more than 50% of the channels available.

I asked from Tsky helpline, and they said that only the Packages made by them can be choosen. I think their packages are poorly designed with no categorisation of Movie, Music, News Channels etc. Their total channels (91) is way short of Dish TV (150+). On top of that they are hell bent of removing channels & fighting it out in court rather than look for best interest for customers. Dish TV managed to get all channels (including SUN) without much toruble. Surely there is some problem with TSky.

This is precisely what I am suggesting. Letting someone sitting in some ivory tower decide what the viewers would like to see puts us and them in this situation. Let them just put it out there and let the customer decide. In a hotel nobody stuffs the food down your throat. Even in a buffet you can decide what you wish to eat! Is it so difficult? Keep a minimum number of pay channels that you must use thats all that is required so that their costs are covered.

the customer should be allowed to choose what they want to watch, but in that case, they'll lose money as no one would choose those rest of the 50% channels 😛

these people may be having intentional dth.

Yeah. They should just have like catergory wise... If someone wants only sports then they can have only sports. Only entertainment then they gotta have all entertainment channels and so on. Then people will have to settle for a lot of channels.